Replacing whammy bar on RG350DX - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Replacing whammy bar on RG350DX

Hello all. I did a search but with over 500 threads and whammy bar coming up hundreds of times, it gets tedious searching for the right answer. So at the risk of repeating a question I will ask anyway.
I just got a new to me 2000 RG350DX. It has the Edge III tremolo. The whammy attaches with a locking ring that screws on to tighten. I see that the bar on an Edge or Pro has a tip that looks like the end of a cord jack that fits over rings so you can pop it in and out. The hole looks like it has a split washer. Is this a unique feature of the Pro or are the bars interchangeable?
Screwing on the bar creates a problem sometimes where I like the ability to pop it in and out quickly. It also seems to give the bar more flexibility. Or is the answer that I need to do a little routing and pop in an Edge Pro?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Re: Replacing whammy bar on RG350DX update

Thanks to another website I found a 2000 Ibanez catalog. Apparently the RG350DX back in 2000 had the "lo trs II" tremolo as opposed to the Wizard III.
So based on what I have read perhaps I should just upgrade the whole tremolo instead.?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:57 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Replacing whammy bar on RG350DX

Have you tried removing the trem arm assembly from the trem? Is it a circular hole that is left over?

I'd ask Rich here or at Ibanez Rules if the Edge/Edge Pro, etc trem arm assemblies will fit an Edge III.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 06:19 AM

Re: Replacing whammy bar on RG350DX

Kia Ora fams,

ive purchased a 350dx. its algood and such but the whammy isnt like my 350mz. obviously different gats, but my mz is screw on which im use to. however the dx is a bit foreign and doesnt behave how my mz does. bear in mind 2 different guitars...i know that... but it clicks in(whammy on dx) and hits tone knob at bottom, doesnt really pull up and get a nice feel if you need to vibrato for such-ish lol

help if you can maori!!

do i need to::::::::???? replies here pls annnnddddddd gggggoooooooo!!!!!

Tags
edge iii tremolo , rd350dx , whammy bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode