RG neck mod - Is this neck gonna fit? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

RG neck mod - Is this neck gonna fit?

Hey everybody

I have a RG2020 piezo 6string, I was wondering if anybody know if it's possible to fit a jpm neck on the guitar? * (I think they are both AANJ) ?

thanks

mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2000, 07:45 PM

RG neck mod

Any AANJ neck should be able to replace another of the same fret number. You will have to do some setup work, maybe add a shim or 2, but I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

What are you doing with the old neck?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

RG neck mod

well, if I can track down a jpm neck, and it fits - then I guess I'll be selling the Rg prestige neck, got no use for it then.

mike
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 03:13 PM

RG neck mod

So do I have dibs on that neck? I won't be able to afford it till next month, so you can let someone else have it if you want. How much do you want?

If you can't find a JPM neck, the "tension free" USRG necks were very similar as well as some early 90's USA Custom necks. That neck profile was called the Viper before they put it on the JPM.

You also might wanna give Harpers a call. I'm sure they could make the neck.

I was really hoping someone else would respond to your original question. If it doesn't work, please don't blame me. Like I said, I think it should work.

(Edited by Doink at 11:20 am on Dec. 21, 2000)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

RG neck mod

I'm not sure if I'm gonna do this yet.
but I'll let you know in case I do it.

mike
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 05:07 AM

RG neck mod

Yeah every AANJ-necks should fit to another guitar but make sure that the scale is same so it does not lose it's intonation.

Tags
aanj neck , custom necks , jpm neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode