RG1520G piezo saddles need replacement - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

RG1520G piezo saddles need replacement

Hello, I am new to this board. I have an '05 RG1520G, but the low E and A string saddles have stopped working, i.e., there is virtually no tracking on those strings from my GR33. I have looked at the Ibanez parts catalog for that guitar, and the part shows discontinued. Any suggestions as to where those saddles can be found? Thx. Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 01:30 AM
Vendor

Re: RG1520G piezo saddles need replacement

There used to be a member here that did piezo mods on most all Ibanez trems and serviced and repaired them, Shotgun Mods is all I'm coming up with but my memory isn't what it used to be, maybe somebody else will remember. I can't find anything google but he was an LR Baggs authorized dealer so I'd contact them, if he's not still active you still need an LR Baggs qualified tech. Ibanez was never able to sell those parts, you could only get them direct from Baggs.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Hi Rich, yes, shotgunnmods i believe it is . . I have encountered his shop in my google wanderings; haven't contacted him yet, waiting to hear back from lrbaggs support, and ibanez support. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue, and what was done to fix it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Vendor

Pulled that out of my ***, guess I shouldn't worry about memory loss!

Did you move a saddle lately? If the wire gets pinched or grounded it kills the output.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Actually the guitar is a recent acquisition from an online site and had the problem when I got it. I have a Godin Freeway SA, but couldn't resist a Roland Ready Prestige Ibanez MIJ. The synth/mix/mag switch had failed, was on synth all the time no matter what detente position. The seller did advise me as such, but indicated everything else was working fine. So I agreed to the sale. I took the guitar to Gary Brawer in San Francisco. He looked it over, and it turns out the switch is the least of the problems. There was a lot of corrosion on the bass side of the bridge, and on the saddles. So whoever played it previously had a sweaty palm on bridge all the time. Anyway, I am an Ibanez and floating bridge fan, have a Jem, another MIJ Prestige RG and a couple of MIK Prestige S body axes. Love the wizard necks, they just feel right. A Roland ready Ibanez was to be icing on the cake. Sigh. She will play better than new when I get it back, but need to find the parts for the bridge.

Last edited by sevenstrngr; 05-24-2016 at 09:38 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 02:30 AM
Vendor

I set intonation once and killed 2 strings just moving the saddle. When I moved it back it was fine. I'd suggest checking to make sure the lead on either of those was grounding. 1 wire kills 2 saddles, and that would be a pair.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

That's good to know, will check that out, thx! Also heard back from LR Baggs, they have the parts but you have to special order through one of their dealers.

Tags
piezo bridge , rg1520g prestige , rg1520gk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode