RG1570L Action Adjustment - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

RG1570L Action Adjustment

Alright so first post! Now, down to business. I've been playing for about two years now, recently got a beautifully swirled, grey, white and black RG1570 Prestige as a Christmas gift, and some nice Dimarzio pups for it, love it but since I've been playing it, it has felt a bit constricted compared to the old Jackson I had before... This week I got a nice 470L in blue, for only $220 on eBay, and man... The action is amazing, it's super low and a lot easier to
pick, shred, tap, and just overall feels easier to play. The action is definitely lower, and after playing it all day, and going back to my Prestige, I can't stand the difference. Now, again, I've only been playing for two years, and I've fallen for Ibanez guitars since the Prestige, but with the Edge trem, (I've always been a fixed bridge player) I'm still a bit lost on how these things work. I tried adjusting the bridge post holes with my 3mm allen wrench, it didn't really change much, just raised the bridge, and the action didn't feel any different so I lowered it back down. Should I just adjust the trust rod? I've honestly never attempted a trust rod adjustment, because frankly I've hardly had the chance to actually have to, since being left handed, I haven't owned many guitars, and the ones I've had, have been setup pretty decently. Is there much I should worry about with trying to adjust it? What size allen wrench should I use to adjust it? Sorry for these noobish questions, I just don't want to deal with messing anything up since, I'm still getting used to these trem bridge systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: RG1570L Action Adjustment

Spend some time reading the tech section at IbanezRules.com (link at the top of page). It will answer all your questions and then some.

Tags
1570 , ibanez , lefty , prestige , setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode