Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  screamndemon69 
#1 ·
I'll admit to being a floyd noob, but what EXACTLY am I supposed to do to lower the action on the Edge? I would figure I would tighten the studs to go down into the body more, but I don't know if this is what I am supposed to do and Rich's site confuses me somewhat. If someone could show me pictures of how to do this and what parts to mess with it would help me GREATLY! Thanks!

#4 ·
It may not have locking studs. The best way to be sure is to remove the bridge and back out one stud all the way and look at the bottom. If it is the locking type, you will see the tiny screw in the center. No tiny screw means non-locking posts. If you try to lower locking studs without backing out the locking screw will break the top of the post(seen it plenty from folks that didn't know they locked).

#5 ·
I finally got it! They were loosened when the guitar got to me, and I couldn't tell if they were turning or not because the wrench is just small enough to not make tension. I finally got the bridge lowered, and it brought the guitar to another level. The action is amazing now and I'm really pleased with the ease of use leveling it. Thanks guys!

#6 ·
Glad to hear it Drew! Now show another cool pic of that guitar with the new pickups for us again, eh? ;) (not sarcasm :) )

#15 ·
I figure that I might one day have a pyramid set inlayed and I really like the PMC version of the pyramids which would go nicely with those colors on the DY.

I like these stock pups enough that I'm really on the fence to change them. If I do end up changing them, I'll most likely go the PAF route since I'm told they are a nicer set of the basic same design as these stock pups.

#16 ·
I figure that I might one day have a DY pyramid inlayed and I really like the PMC version of the pyramids which would go nicely with those colors.

I like these stock pups enough that I'm really on the fence to change them. If I do end up changing them, I'll most likely go the PAF route since I'm told they are a nicer set of the basic same design as these stock pups.
I am thinking of getting the inlays done as well, in the stock colors though. I really like PAF Pros, just played some again for the first time in a while in my friends old Jem today and they were wonderful! Those pickups have the most character of any pickup I have ever played...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.