rose wood fretboard pores ? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

rose wood fretboard pores ?

yesterday i was looking at my bc rich and i found that there were more pores on the fretboard than before? is this bad ? or is it something natural cause i dont remember seeing it b4 it was pretty smooth, same with my ibanez strange, could it be due to humidity or temperature ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

Re: rose wood fretboard pores ?

some fretbloards crack more than others, its usually the small pores of lose wood material they open and close and creak more and more mirco fatigue points, and sometimes after time they open up more and more

usually doesnt matter
upgrade the neck:-)
ebony all the way

Last edited by losgatosrg350dx; 04-05-2008 at 07:07 PM.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Vendor

Yea, that made a lot of sense.......
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 04:05 PM

What the hell is "fretbloards clack?"
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

i meant crack, like small little ones
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:28 PM

The wood isn't still growing, so there aren't more pores than before -- though they may be more noticeable. Pictures would help. It's probably either wear or dirt/gunk buildup that is making them more visible. A good cleaning and coat of bore oil will probably fix it up. If it's a little rough, you might need a little touch-up sanding too.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Vendor

Anybody ever see a crack in a rosewood board? I haven't, ever. Ebony on the other hand will crack and fisure like crazy! And pores do not open and close. The flow of totally useless and fictitious information continues, and continues, and continues.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

excuse me, everything, including glass, metal, and plastics, all if have cracks, when being exposed to the elements always develop micro fatigue points..inside of the cracks....and that is what makes cracks become bigger or more noticable after material that shifts from the inside of cracks comes out

thats why IVE SEEN every rosewood neck i got, when new, had smaller and less more noticable cracks and fisures. always got bigger and more noticable

and as long as ive kept my ebony in great shape, ive never had nearly any cracks or noticable fisures in it..i think ebony holds up better than rosewood
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

zek hail rich
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Vendor

Where is the "ignore idiot" button? I haven't read this much bull****,,, ever.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
zek hail rich
You know what. I am sick and tired of you. You call people Nazis and now you directly insulting and calling Rich one. He is a well respected and long term member of this board. You are neither respected, wanted, nor listened too.

Dude, I don't speak for every one. I say to you, go find another board. You just are not wanted here.

Mods, he has on many occasions’ directly insulted members of this forum who daily contribute positively to this board. I am sure that many echo this thought that he is not wanted here. For his egregious insults to many here please remove him.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
You know what. I am sick and tired of you. You call people Nazis and now you directly insulting and calling Rich one. He is a well respected and long term member of this board. You are neither respected, wanted, nor listened too.

Dude, I don't speak for every one. I say to you, go find another board. You just are not wanted here.

Mods, he has on many occasions’ directly insulted members of this forum who daily contribute positively to this board. I am sure that many echo this thought that he is not wanted here. For his egregious insults to many here please remove him.

i dont go around insulting peple, if i may rewind, is it you and your CLAN dogpiling me.

i just post here and enjoy, and what do you do, police your way around...does it make you feel big...?? like woa...hey i dont like this guy or his efforts, lets just burn him at the steak

and when i refered to rich as zek hail, i dont dispute his experience or his efforts, im just saying his attacks and egotistic anger on a board - are just usless..i mean this is a forum

**** man, some of you guys are just over obsesed with policing your methods
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
thats why IVE SEEN every rosewood neck i got, when new, had smaller and less more noticable cracks and fisures. always got bigger and more noticable

and as long as ive kept my ebony in great shape, ive never had nearly any cracks or noticable fisures in it..i think ebony holds up better than rosewood
Rich is correct that ebony is much more suceptible to cracks and fissures than rosewood. Perhaps your rosewood cracking problems have something to do with your problems stripping truss rod nuts....
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

perhapps, altho all my ebony boards are in great shape and look like new still
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
perhapps, altho all my ebony boards are in great shape and look like new still
Must be the warmoth "superiority."

Tags
acrylic guitar , ebony board , ebony boards , guitar tech , ibanez guitars , rosewood board , rosewood neck , truss rod , truss rod nut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode