saddle inserts on 2003 edge pro - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2004, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

saddle inserts on 2003 edge pro

A couple questions regarding the saddle inserts on the 2003 edge pro bridges...what's the purpose of these things? I've read on Rich's site that they've caused radius problems because they don't always sit even...so do they impart any advantage?

Also, I've noticed that on extreme bends with the higher strings (high E, B) I can kinda 'feel' the string move in the saddle insert a bit. it just kinda clicks...and it's a little annoying, but I don't the click doesn't get amplified by the pickups...it's just something that I feel under my fingers, like the string is shifting slightly in the saddle insert because it's not perfectly smooth.

Is this normal? has anyone else with the same bridge had these problems when bending high strings?

-Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 02:21 AM
Vendor

Sombody else had one with a little grove too. Swap it with a wound string saddle, make sure it's a smooth one before you do
Rich is online  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

what's the procedure for removing a saddle? is it only the intonation screw that's holding it down?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Vendor

Pull the trem, note where saddle is [intonation] [check all intonation and adjust, now would be a good time], Loosen the saddle screw [remove if in back hole] remove saddle [ ya have to kinda work the plastic clip part to come out sometimes], pull another one. Swap the strings and put back on where you noted above [make sure you have all the strings in correct alignment] [make sure the washer is not under the saddle], tweak the setup.
Rich is online  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 05:07 PM

yea

Anybody have more feedback on this I'm in debating about a rgt43FM or a RGT3120 because of this problem. I like the fact the 42 has a 5 piece neck, but I like the arm holder on the edgo pro so the bar is stable, yet the saddle pieces are keeping me away. What are your opinions?

Tags
arm holder , edge pro bridge , edge pro bridges , high strings , higher strings , string saddle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode