Saddle singers - ... any comments? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Saddle singers - ... any comments?

Has anyone heard of these things called saddle singers? It's suppose to increase the life on your saddles but placing these brass thingies between your string and you actual saddle. They claim improvement in sound as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 12:41 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Saddle singers

This makes no sense. The sadles on an Edge or LoPro will last many years and are cheap to replace... glen
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 04:30 PM

Saddle singers

Since was anything ever meant to make sense? Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie? I mean: c'mon.

Go to www.saddlesingers.com and read the reviews from some people in the know.
I use them and I noticed the change immediately in tone (absolutely warmer). They are *cheaper* to replace than saddles, I think that's the claim the company makes and it's true, so there. Yes, edge/lopro saddles will last and last, but do read the reviews because it's all terribly interesting.
I've seen string breakage at the bridge occuring with alarming frequency on some Floyd guitars and these would help solve that issue.

You could probably make them yourself though.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:37 AM

Re: Saddle singers - ... any comments?

saddlesingers website is

http://freespace.virgin.net/david.beeson/index.htm

Hopefully all the information needed is on there.
Best regards,
Dave
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 02:09 AM

can i buy these in the USA?

John
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:52 AM

Welcome, Dave. Its too bad you had to go back to 2001 to find anyone here talking about you! It seems like a nice invention.

What I like is that someone with an old, corroded trem and little cash could completely restore its functionality until they were ready to spend more money. As far as putting them on a new trem, I guess it's okay. I could see putting them in a new TRS style trem with garbage metal saddles. Those saddles actually get little grooves inside the block area pretty quickly, which leads to slippage on the plain strings. I would definitely recommend them for use on cheaper trems. As for a tone enhancer, eh, maybe. If you didn't need/want them for functionality, then you probably aren't buying them strictly for tone enhancement.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 11:49 AM

I could see some tone enhancement due to the fact they are brass.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 AM

Hello John,

If you want to buy a set of saddlesingers go to

and hit link to "Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience" www.guitarexperience.co.uk
Look for saddle singers under accessories
Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience handle all international credit card orders.

Best regards,
Dave
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 12:59 AM

Hey Dave,
I tried to order them but I keep getting the 'Page not found page' message. Thanks anyway. I'll try again some other time.

John
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 01:02 AM

Very interesting little things... wonder how much to ship to Singapore?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 01:09 AM

I would think that putting a flimsy piece of metal would simply take away from a solid connection with the saddle and sap away sustain. Just another part to drain away string vibration energy.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 08:42 AM

Dear Randy,
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your concerns regarding having a flimsy bit of material shoved between the string and saddle. Infact, the saddlesingers are very durable when locked into a floyd rose and give the strings improved take-off points from the saddles, benefiting tone. I know the claims are big: REDUCE STRING BREAKAGE ON FLOYD ROSE, IMPROVE TONE, PREVENT SADDLE WEAR etc. but please read the experts reviews on the saddlesingers web site. They're not relations, I promise!! They explain how saddlesingers meet the claims.

Best regards,
Dave
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 09:14 AM

Hello Shredcows,

Packs of saddlesingers are very light and shouldn't cost much to ship at all, even to Singapore.
Go to

and hit link to "Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience" www.guitarexperience.co.uk

You can email them to find an exact postage cost, but it won't be much, even for several packets.
To order:
Look for saddle singers under accessories
Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience handle all international credit card orders.

Best regards,
Dave
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 02:03 PM

I can see where it would reduce saddle wear, after all the insert is sacrificing itself instead of the saddle itself.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 02:11 PM

I actually bought a set of these for an esp with a licensed floyd on it. I cant say i was particularly impressed, for a start there wasnt any noticeabl change in tone. Secondly, they wear out incredibly fast, and theyre very soft, and yes flimsy, i have recently bought a set fo graphtech floyd saddles, these are much more expensive, but i feel they will last alot longer (ie as long as the guitar lasts), they noticeably change the tone, and i think they will probably cost you less than replacing saddle singers all the time, so i would advise to not bother with them, but just my opinion...

Tags
floyd rose , floyd rose trem , guitar mag , string breakage , string saddle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode