Satch Pick-up's - should I change em? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Satch Pick-up's - should I change em?

I'm starting to wonder if I should change the pickups in a JS guitar. I mean, they have enough crunch for me, but I mean, how would a Evo in the bridge and a Breed in the neck sound? I've played both pickups but not with that combo. I was wondering if any of you have played that combo before and liked it. Or if not a Breed and Evo what others do you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 07:45 PM

Satch Pick-up's

Well, I did swap the PAF in the neck of mine to a Breed and I was pretty pleased with the result.

The PAF had that beautiful tone I always wanted ( especially when sweeping/tapping), but I though it lacked the presence.

The Breed gave me all I had with the PAF, plus the harmonic distinction you get from a FRED/EVO.

More clarity, but still the feel, if you know what I mean.

I'd recommend the swap without a doubt, the cleans are just stunning also!

Steve
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 06:43 AM

Satch Pick-up's

Which model do you have the 100 or 1000? If it's the 1000 I'd leave them but if the 100 then definitely change them. I own a 100 and I want to throw a Evo in the bridge but something other than the Paf Pro in the neck since I plan on owning a 1000 and it already has one. I honestly think the Evo will sound awesome in a JS and the Breed should go well with it!! Ask around some more I know you can get alot of good advice!! Good luck on what you pick if you do! Later

Tags
paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode