Setting up Edge Pro angle - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Setting up Edge Pro angle

Ok, I searched the forums for this answer but got tired of going through the 356 pages of results.

I have a new Edge Pro on my '04 RG1570 and my question is what is the neutral floating angle of this tremolo?

Is is completely flat and flush with the body, or slightly angled up like the Tech section on this site shows for the Lo-Pro Edge?

Currently I have it slightly angled upwards according to the Tech pics of this site for the Lo-Pro Edge (only because it looked the most similar to my Edge Pro in the photos). The guitar plays fine but the pull up seems to have quite a bit of range. Not enought to break strings, but it's pretty far.

I just want the comfort of knowing that I have it setup the correct way.

Thanks for any info!

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 08:32 AM

Edge pro should be completely flat with the body unlike the old lo-pro or edge.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Vendor

The EP can give optical illusions as to what is "flat", the knife edge is all that matters.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm

I'll update that with some EP shots next week.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Whew!

I thought my trem felt a little too shallow on the dives... good to know.

I am about to take my nickel/sliver RG1570 in today to have the neck scalloped at the last four frets and the whole neck rounded on the edges.

After that it's new pickups:

Green Evo in bridge
White Blue Velvet in center
Green Hum from Hell in neck

Plus green knobs and switch tip from Rich

It is going to look great with my green sequined speedos and white tennis shoes! I can't wait!!

I'll be sure to post pics when I am done (of the guitar, NOT the speedos... heh heh heh).

Ryan

Tags
pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode