Site suggestion anyone? - Anyone know a good how-to setup le - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Site suggestion anyone? - Anyone know a good how-to setup le

Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone knows of any websites that walk you through learning how to set up your own guitars, i.e., wiring and replacing pickups, setting action, setting pickup height, setting intonation, etc?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 05:31 AM

Site suggestion anyone?

try here for starters

http://www.jemsite.com/tech/index.htm

any more questions-ask here.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Site suggestion anyone?

Well, actually, I was looking for any sites that are about setting up other styles of guitars, such as Les Pauls, etc....I don't actually own a JEM yet....yes I know, I am a loser! *LOL....but I need to find a site that gives good breakdown of the aforementioned techniques, but for guitars without Floyds. *Thanks!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 07:45 AM

Site suggestion anyone?

I've got one better for you. *Remember those things called books? *Just in case you don't know what they are I'll describe them to you - some have hard covers, some soft. *A lot of books have pictures in them and paper (very similar to that which is found in your printer) on which words are printed.

Well, there is a book called "Guitar Player Repair Guide" by Dan Erlewine. *In this book it will tell you just about everything you need to know about set ups, maintenance and repair, with lots of excellent pics and info. *The book is $22, but believe me it is well worth every taxed cent!

just to let you know the first paragraph of this post was pure sarcasm, and not meant as a flame!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 01:56 PM

Site suggestion anyone?

I would have to agree with Kirk for many reasons.....

The easy one being, working on a guitar around a computer can be a chore all in itself.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Site suggestion anyone?

Yeah, thanks guys....no joke about the guitar around computer thing....not much room for a work bench and mats around here! *And yeah, Kirk, I picked up on the sarcasm there...nice...

Tags
dan erlewine , les paul , les pauls , pickup height

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode