Sorry in advance- Js100 trem - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eddie Denniston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Sorry in advance- Js100 trem

Looking for the help of more knowledgeable people. Recently bought js100 Korean model. Everything sounds great and a good setup. But the trem is awful. Quite stiff and even with light use it looses tuning easily. I've had similar guitars before and never had this issue. I see from reading that this is quite common on this particular model. I've installed and setup these trems before but I don't know which one would suit to fit without any routing. I've read countless posts but so many contradictions . If someone out there has actually done this and can give me the exact make and model of replacement tremolo I'd be delighted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Sorry in advance- Js100 trem

First you should identify which trem it has visually or based on year Korean made until 2008
LoTRSII (-2002), EdgeProII (2003–6), Edge3 (2007-

Then look at this chart
https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/t...ad-157993.html

Hopefully you have a LoTrsII since that lets an OFR-trem drop right in
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you i will check chart unless you have a personal recommendation? My guitar has an edge pro 2. what do you think?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

So looking at chart i am limited to Edge Pro (i have played and had no issues with) and Edge 3and LoPro Edge? which is the better option? and where can i get shims to suit JS radius?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 02:05 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

EdgePro (like the Edge and LoProEdge) is clearly superior to the EP2 or E3 but comes at a premium cost. Shims...
https://www.amazon.com/Allparts-BP-2...loyd+rose+shim
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much! Youve dissolved my migraine haha. honestly thank you!
jemsite likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode