Sticky inlay material - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Sticky inlay material

What was the website with that sticky inlay material guys? Im looking to spruce up my les paul a bit and cnat seem to fine it on google or through the search here, but i do remember it being posted some time back here on jemsite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

http://www.fretware.com/catalog2/default.php

Well for all those interested this is the website very nice stuff too by the way [/url]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 07:45 PM

It IS nice looking, but you CAN feel it on a fretboard. With 6100s or similar frets it may not be an issue, but with mediums I didn't like being able to feel them, so I had them inlaid in shallow routs. This looked very good. But... I don't know if light sanding was done after installation, but I wore through a couple of them to where you could slightly see (and feel) the black sticky backing. i doubt sanding was done, so I would consider these as semi-disposable. As it is, I covered a few with a layer of cyanoacrylate, so they're OK for now.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 12:56 AM

Also checkout Riffmasters. He posts on the esp board and does a lot of guitar customization, including making custom inlay decals. His website is www.riffmasters.tk but it's not totally updated yet. I just ordered a set of inlays from him and should be getting them pretty soon.

Tags
les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode