Strat mods - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Strat mods

Hi all

Recently i've been using the first guitar I got more than anything, and loving it lol! Its a beaten up old squier strat. I want to put an EVO in the bridge but wondering how easy that is. The main problem is the scratch plate. I know there are plates available for bridge humbucker strats but I cant find any anywhere. Does anyone know where i could get one (white or perloid) preferably in the UK. Also are there any other potential problems I may encounter?

Regards

Al M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 11:36 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: Strat mods

You could easily have the pickguard cut so the humbucker would fit. There also might be some routing that needs to be done on the body in order to fit the humbucker. If you don't feel like doing that (or paying for someone else to) there's plenty of other pickups that will give you similar results and fit in the single coil space. Seymour duncans lil screamin demon comes to mind, i'm actually putting away some cash to have one put in my strat in addition to a couple of other seymour duncan pickups. Hope this helps, I can't really tell you anymore without having a look at your axe so you might want to take it to a shop to have it looked at.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

I take it you're talking about those mini humbuckers? Are they up to much, as in one of them vs a full size?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:17 PM

i put an EMG 81 in my old strat copy w/ s/s/s config, i just cut out the pickgaurd, and yes it looked shotty as all hell, so i got a pickup ring, looks great now. and until i broke the nut it was sounding evil as sin through my mesa.

Tags
bridge hum , bridge humbucker , duncan pickups , pickup ring , scratch plate , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , seymour duncans , squier strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode