String changing and downtuning a RG2550Z - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

String changing and downtuning a RG2550Z

Hello new to the forum, I'm a new guitar player and I own a RG2550z and i was wondering about string changing and down tuning.
First, I never changed strings on a guitar, My guitar has edge zero and zps 3.
first question, when i change strings i should stick something under the bridge so it doesn't move, remove my strings put on new ones remove the thing i put under the bridget and then tune it again?
and after i tune them and i see if the bridge is parallel to the guitar and then use the roller at the back to change the spring tension so it is leveled.
my second question is, if I want to detune my guitar to something heavier like d tuning I do the same thing as changing strings? i stuck something under the bridge so it doesnt move, open the locking nuts, tune to D, tighten the locking nuts and remove the item i put under the bridge?
Sorry for my English it's my third language.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 04:27 PM

Re: String changing and downtuning a RG2550Z

Sounds about right, you're obviously a smart boy, dive in and have a play with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode