Stripping on the Beach! - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Stripping on the Beach!

Aaaahhh...not that kind of stripping...lol

I live near the beach, but I traveled down to see my dad and stay directly on the beach for a week. Took some project bodies with me to prep for refinishing. Take a look at my paradise workshop
Fastmerc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Hell yeah man..........I'd work there!!!!

Where's your Dad live? Fla. obviously, but where?
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

He is in Port St Lucie, the pic is from Hutchinson Island.
Fastmerc is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Melbourne, FL 32940
Posts: 3,348
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

You're not to far from me.
I'm in Melbourne-
sebastian is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

You are the "Bodie" of guitar bodies...lol



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 04:13 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Damn, don't tease a girl like that!
I'd love to live near a beach. I live in WV and the nearest beach is 8 hours away.
Meechy is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
You're not to far from me.
I'm in Melbourne-
Back home now, but been to Melbourne many times, it is a great area!
Fastmerc is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
You are the "Bodie" of guitar bodies...lol
Glad to see you posting again. lol...haven't heard the Point Break references for a long time.
Fastmerc is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPCTech View Post
Damn, don't tease a girl like that!
I'd love to live near a beach. I live in WV and the nearest beach is 8 hours away.
Beaches and water are always great, but you also have resources of your own. A nice secluded cabin with a gorgeous mountain view also has its pluses.
Fastmerc is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 01:21 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Beaches and water are always great, but you also have resources of your own. A nice secluded cabin with a gorgeous mountain view also has its pluses.
I live in Huntington. Far enough away from the best parts of WV (well, it's a short drive, really) and since it's a collage town, I get to listen to people that come from other parts of the country talk about 'how great it is' where they come from.
Don't get me wrong, my boyfriends father has a nice little 'shack' up on a ridge that looks down on everything, and I love staying there when the chance comes up, but there's nothing like sand between your toes, laying out on the beach with sunblock 900000000 on (I'm very fair skinned, for a WOP lol) staring at all the guys and girls in their 'almost not there' bathing suits. It's hot as sin here and a dip in the pool is nice, but a nice beach would be better right now.
We were supposed to go for the 4th weekend (I have family in Wildwood NJ, REALLY nice there and the best pizza in the world is at Sam's on the boardwalk ), but some crap came up and it didn't happen.
To get back to topic so I'm not just wasting space on the servers...
What kind of finish(es) are you planning on for the body(s)?
Meechy is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: Stripping on the Beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPCTech View Post
I live in Huntington. Far enough away from the best parts of WV (well, it's a short drive, really) and since it's a collage town, I get to listen to people that come from other parts of the country talk about 'how great it is' where they come from.
Don't get me wrong, my boyfriends father has a nice little 'shack' up on a ridge that looks down on everything, and I love staying there when the chance comes up, but there's nothing like sand between your toes, laying out on the beach with sunblock 900000000 on (I'm very fair skinned, for a WOP lol) staring at all the guys and girls in their 'almost not there' bathing suits. It's hot as sin here and a dip in the pool is nice, but a nice beach would be better right now.
We were supposed to go for the 4th weekend (I have family in Wildwood NJ, REALLY nice there and the best pizza in the world is at Sam's on the boardwalk ), but some crap came up and it didn't happen.
To get back to topic so I'm not just wasting space on the servers...
What kind of finish(es) are you planning on for the body(s)?
My family is originally from Philly and I was born in NJ, I was young but I have fond memories of the boardwalk. As a kid it was an almost magical place. My grandmother still lives in Jersey.

As far as refinishing, I haven't fully decided yet. One of them them is a usrg 10 that I bought from a fellow member, it was trans blue with a pitiful flamed maple top and the blue had all but faded in many places. I wanted to restain it a different color but ended up not being able to get all the blue out. I am going to put a nicer flame veneer over the blah maple cap and go back with trans blue. The neck had a nasty split with an attempt at a repair, but I am just going to get Bunker to make me a replacement neck and I will use the original headstock.

The other two I took were your typical 570's (one gold, one sour apple) that had big chips, etc in the finish. Its a shame cuz that sour apple is a sweet color in person. Those are up in the air, I have a few different blues left over from other projects that I really should use up, but Im leaning a little towards one of them being the seafoam green like the premium jem is. They will probably go up for sale once I am done with them, so if anyone had a color request let me know
Fastmerc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stripping my RGT3120 RGTFanatic Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 13 04-23-2011 08:06 PM
Stripping RG DannyB819 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 21 10-21-2008 10:58 PM
stripping paint dc_mally Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 9 10-18-2007 06:07 PM
Stripping a JEM7DBK - ??????? vaidream77 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 10 08-03-2001 05:26 PM
stripping the finish........ - How It SHOULD be done?? Scott 74 Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 11 03-19-2001 10:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome