Swapping out an edge 3 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
Swapping out an edge 3

Well, I have an Ibanez Edge 8. Great instrument, I like everything about it, from the platinum blond finish to the pickups and the coil tapping options. But one thing must change: the edge 3 is a terrible tremolo system. The gold is fading off it, it refuses to stay in tune, and you cannot pull back on it without the truss rod creeking. I'm tired of applying maintance to it; it must go. My question is would I be able to swap it out for an Original Edge or Edge Pro without having to do any additional routing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 12:23 PM

Re: Swapping out an edge 3

Take a look: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/ed...edge+3+tremolo

You should be able to swap the Edge III with an Edge Pro without doing any routing. The same goes for Original Floyd Rose.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:51 PM

Reviews: 10

I have a Jem7vwh with an Original Edge and I can confirm for you that the Original Edge did not fit into the Edge Pro routing so I suspect that you will likely have to do some work to swap the Edge III with an Original Edge. Some dremmel work was required on the body of my Jem7vwh and a little filing was done on the corners of the bridge to make it fit properly. Here is alink to some photos - there is a close up of the bridge:

http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/z...nez%20Jem7vwh/
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 PM

Reviews: 7

The edge pro is a drop-in replacement for the edge 3 (you don't have to mod anything to get it to fit in)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5

My bad... should have seen the big sticky'd topic

With that said, I might getone in black hardware, but how does it stack up in quality and tuning stability? Just curious
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXshad View Post
My bad... should have seen the big sticky'd topic

With that said, I might getone in black hardware, but how does it stack up in quality and tuning stability? Just curious
It's an excellent trem--one of the best!

Tags
trem replacement edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode