Telecaster Help!! - Need to replace Neck?? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Telecaster Help!! - Need to replace Neck??

Bought an old *guitar yesterday with a Telecaster body, but with a Greco neck that was chipped away to make it fit onto the body!

Does Fender sell Telecaster necks? If so does anyone know how much they run? *If not does anyone know where I can get an original one. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 12:10 PM

Telecaster Help!!

Quote:
Quote: from Scott 74 on 6:35 am on Jan. 14, 2001
Does Fender sell Telecaster necks? If so does anyone know how much they run? *If not does anyone know where I can get an original one. Thanks!!!
EvilBay, Warmoth (look in the thrift section), All Parts and many other places to look.

J>
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 04:22 PM

Telecaster Help!!

if you want to have an acual Fender neck, they do sell them. They are selling individual parts for their guitars now. So if you want a neck, try going to the fender website or pick up a cataloge.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 05:29 PM

Telecaster Help!!

scott...interstate music has them for sale...heres the number 1-800-462-2263 or visit there web site at www.interstatemusic.com *...this probably one of the better mailing music companies out there...good luck...oh yea the tele neck in the catalog is an American Vintage '52 in maple..its $319.98

Last edited by chilln2music; 09-17-2008 at 04:48 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Telecaster Help!!

I second Jimm's Warmoth vote :biggrin:

They have loads of fun stuff in their thrift section and you should be able to pick up a tele neck in either a normal wood eg maple or even something more exotic for a very reasonable price !!!
jono is online  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 07:58 PM

Reviews: 3
Telecaster Help!!

Sorry to steal your thunder Andrew... but I highly recomend not going through Interstate. *I have the misfortune of having one of their retail stores near me (Cascio Music). *I've found that they are really stiff on their pricing, usually higher than Musician's Friend (that's pretty bad). *Also, I've had several problems with them shipping the wrong item, forgetting to ship items, or shipping to the wrong location. *

It's quite possible that myself, and several people I know have just had bad luck with them, but I wanted to just play watchdog.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 09:01 PM

Telecaster Help!!

Here's the link to the replacement necks page on Fender's site:

http://fender.com/spa/necks.html

Wouldn't it be great if Ibanez did this?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Telecaster Help!!

Thanks Everyone for your help!! I already checked out Fender.com

My second problem is the bridge. Here are a couple links with pictures of the bridge that is on the telecaster I bought:

http://www.fender.com/electricguitar...s/010_0900.jpg

http://www.fender.com/electricguitar.../jag_inset.jpg

Only thing about my guitar that is different is that when you look at the inset picture of the Jaguar's bridge my guitar does not have the part that is right next to the pickup. Instead someone put an imitation Gibson Tune O Matic bridge on there. I am wondering if anyone manufactures and sells that part cause I didn't see it for sale at the Fender page? I really appreciate any help someone has and I hope I didn't confuse anyone!! Thanks!!

Tags
matic bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode