Tom Scholz Soloist parts - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Tom Scholz Soloist parts

Hello.
I have had an original Tom Scholz Solist in my closet for awhile now. It is broken and I have a co-worker who is an electronics guy who is going to take a stab at fixing it for me.
The main part I need is the 1/4" phone jack part that attaches to the circuit board. It's is easy enough to find websites that sell capacitors, resistors etc but not as easy it seems to find this particular part. Does anyone have website suggestions as to where I might find pieces and parts for amp circuit boards et al that might carry this particular part?

Thanks. It would be nice to hear this little toy again after all these years!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Re: Tom Scholz Soloist parts

Never mind. Thanks. I found a place Mouser.com has everything I need to get this baby rolling again!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:12 PM

I had an original rockman. Got it from my parents. I guess they were sick of hearing me play through the amp. I loved it. Then I got a Digitech GSP-21 and stopped using the rockman. I took it out a few years ago and plugged into it. I found it to be noisy compared to my digitech-2101. I wound up selling it along with a bunch of other gear to fund a new guitar. I hope yours sounds as good as you remember.

I still do have my GK-250ML, so I guess I have something that is pretty close sounding. The GK is also noisy as hell.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomibanez View Post
I hope yours sounds as good as you remember.
Very funny you say that. I said the exact same thing to my friend who is fixing it!

Tags
electronics , rockman , soloist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode