Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Maybe someone can help me settle a slight difference of opinon (regarding trem angle) between me and the repair guy at a music shop where I recently bought an Ibanez RG2820.

The trem is the new edge pro that comes fitted on the prestige guitars.

If I have understood the information about trem angle at Ibanezrules.com
correctly, the small line on the side of the trem is where the knife edge is press fitted into the trem. It is this line which should be set parallel to the trem posts (and hence parallel to the guitar body) This results in the trem sitting parallel to the guitar body on the new edge pro trem and not angled up out of the body as is the case on the older trem models.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm

The repair guy said that this is not the case and set the guitar up with the trem angled up out of the body.

Appreciate your help

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Rich!

I'm afraid that up here in the north of Sweden there aren't many techs to chose from. I guess I should start studying the information here and at ibanez rules more closely so that I can make adjustments myself. Is there a good book anyone would recommend?

#8 ·
Just realised that I made a slight error in my original post I wrote

"It is this line which should be set parallel to the trem posts (and hence parallel to the guitar body)"

Of coarse I meant perpendicular to the posts not parallel :oops: , but you you probably worked that out for yourself!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.