Trem arm socket question - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Trem arm socket question

OK, so I got an Ibanez S320 (2009, I believe) not too long ago, used. And a few days in to playing it, the piece of the trem arm socket that sticks up through the bridge snapped right off. Obviously, it wasn't the correct bar. Something I should have checked before buying it. Bonehead move on my part.

The original trem arm socket for that particular bridge (ZR) is discontinued, so I was curious if another socket would fit. I was looking at the schematics of the ZR V1.1, and it seems like the the socket from that would fit the ZR bridge that I have. OR if you know somewhere that has the correct socket, please let me know. (I've checked Ibanez Rules, and my local dealer isn't the most competent) Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Vendor

Re: Trem arm socket question

The V1.1 is the correct replacement. Some may opt for the cheaper FR setup but IMO it's not as nice.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. I'll be ordering that in the near future.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM

Not often I disagree with rich here - I think the floyd arm is better. Its shorter and has a sharper curve to it. Net effect is it feels more direct because the arm flexes less. I have an S7320 with a custom made replacement for the original holder (IE its exactly the same as the original type, only one piece, and made from milled material.), and I have an S2170 with the floyd holder. I prefer the 7320 as a guitar, but the S2170 has a better tremolo arm feel. The fact its shorter also helps with grabbing it quickly, since if it's dropped down, "Down" isn't as far to go.

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 01-19-2012 at 03:05 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Vendor

The exact reasons I hate them. And IIRC they have no bushing for positive tension control.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 02:07 PM

I just prefer a more direct feel of what I'm doing. As for tension... I can get enough on mine. It'll never stay absolutely stock stiff, but I don't need it to...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM

Every one has their preference. I for one will only use an original edge because I love the way the arm is retained, I hate a retaining collar on a FR type trem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode