Trem block dimensions for 1527? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Trem block dimensions for 1527?

Hey all, I have a 1527 and actually want to block the trem, since I'm going from standard (have to, for school), and then down to Bb standard (to play Nevermore/Scar Symmetry), then drop the 7th string to Ab when playing Periphery, but I can't be bothered mucking around with the thumb wheel all the time (not to mention I have wimpy fingers so it hurts my thumbs to a point where I can't hold a pick properly anymore), so the thought of making a trem block came to my mind.

The only prob is, idk how to make a proper one. I've read many times of people making trem blocks out of wood, and it's nice and all, but I'd like to know how to make one too! My gran happened to be getting rid of some furniture so I thought I might take a few blocks if it's going to the dump anyway.

Could anyone post the dimensions of the block pl0x?

P.S. want to make it a hardtail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Trem block dimensions for 1527?

I would consider a tremel-no first. If you can afford one, it's the easiest way to accomplish you goal.

A hardtail would be VERY cool!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I would consider a tremel-no first. If you can afford one, it's the easiest way to accomplish you goal.

A hardtail would be VERY cool!!!
I thought about a Tremol-no, but I have no clue how I'd fit that in there :P It seems kind of packed in the FR cavity, unless I remove the ZR thing.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sha View Post
I thought about a Tremol-no, but I have no clue how I'd fit that in there :P It seems kind of packed in the FR cavity, unless I remove the ZR thing.
If your disabling the trem, there's no use for the ZPS bar anymore. there should be absolutely no problem with removing it. I don't own any guitars with the ZPS system so I cant tell you if that would make enough room to fit a tremel-no. I'll look into it today though (it's daytime on my side of the planet now....lol)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 12:55 PM

OK, I was just studying a pic of the EZ/EZ2 system and think I have a way to completely immobilize the trem without putting any holes in the body, and it's not permanent either. You could have it back to full floating in 1-2 minutes.

can anybody post some detailed pics of the EZ/EZ2 systems from many different angles?? I don't want to get all hyped up about this just to find out it won't work.

Ryc
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
OK, I was just studying a pic of the EZ/EZ2 system and think I have a way to completely immobilize the trem without putting any holes in the body, and it's not permanent either. You could have it back to full floating in 1-2 minutes.

can anybody post some detailed pics of the EZ/EZ2 systems from many different angles?? I don't want to get all hyped up about this just to find out it won't work.

Ryc
Would a 720p video do any good? I have a camera but I lost the cable for it so I can't transfer any pics, and the webcam in my laptop does no justice.

Has anyone else actually blocked an Edge Zero trem with 2 pieces of wood or something?

Tags
1527 , dimensions , naoz! , trem block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode