Trem float level - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Trem float level

After getting a USA Custom graphic from 1989 a few weeks back, I played with the set up, as the trem float was a bit high, so I set it back to the level that it should be.

This got me thinking, why do some people have the tail high? Or even lower into the body?

Is level the 'correct' way? Is tail high or low actually 'wrong'?

When ever I do a set up, I have it level as Ibanez say it should be, but makes me wonder if it is wrong/damaging to have it not level either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 01:07 PM

Re: Trem float level

As far as I know, the trem should be parallel to the body, otherwise it won't have proper return-to-pitch.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:12 PM

Reviews: 8

They simply have it set up wrong. You are doing the correct way by having it level.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash View Post
They simply have it set up wrong. You are doing the correct way by having it level.
x2 its called people being idiots.. And messing with something they shouldnt.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 08:17 PM

Yup. I believe the correct setup is to have the trem parallel with the plane of the strings, however most people align the trem with the top plane of the body. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode