Tremolos... - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Tremolos...

I am wanting to find out specific info on some tremolos. I have read many and I do mean Many posts on here about them all and I would like to know, in your respective opinions, which ones are best, can the edge III hold up to any others, and can it be easily swapped out for any others(that is if anyone has tried this yet)? I figured it would be cool to get an updated list of all the new trems rolling in one post. Thanks for checking this out.
Stephen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 04:54 PM

Re: Tremolos...

The Edge III is on par with the Edge Pro II and maybe a Licensed Floyd Rose like you'd get on a cheaper Jackson guitar. I don't know of anything that the Edge Pro II can be swapped for, but it was shown on a post that the Edge III is directly swappable for an OFR. The Edge Pro is probably the best floating trem that Ibanez currently makes and comes on their Prestige RGs. From my experience, I would say that the Edge Pro is on par with the OFR if not better because I really like how low profile it is.

The thing with Ibanez is that you get what you pay for. If you pay $400 for a regular series RG then you can't really expect it to have a super great trem because a good trem alone would cost you around $200 more. So if you have the money and you want to get an Ibanez guitar with a trem that you'll never have to worry about, then look at the Prestige RGs or maybe even the S series guitars. Also, you generally can't go wrong with one of those used RG550s or 570s that everyone on this site raves about. Hell, you might even be able to score a used RG1570 or 2xxx series Ibanez guitar at this point.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Cool I appreciate your help and quick answer. I didnt find that post about the edge III and I read one that was specifically titled Edge III. Ha I probably just over looked it. Again, thanks for your help.
Stephen
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:49 PM

Does low profile mean closest string spacing? I think the OFR pro is the best because all low pro trems are based on this as they pay floyd for the patents! The ZR is also excellent but is it low pro?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 02:09 PM

I would say that the ZR is low profile, yes.

Tags
floyd rose

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode