trussrod adjustments after flight - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

trussrod adjustments after flight

hi guys, i'll be takin a long flight tomorrow (vacation for 2weeks) and i just cant live without my guitar!!
question is... after i touch down, do i have to let my guitar sit for 1 whole day b4 i can do the trussrod adjustments?
or is it alrite if i did it like 1hour after?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 12:17 AM

I would let the guitar have some time for it to adjust to the new elevation and all before messing with the truss rod. You don't want to end up adjusting the neck right when you come home and find out the next day that is is knocked out of wack. Just wait a day to be safe, necks are precious little things. Like kittens
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Vendor

If you want to play it the day you get there and it needs adjusting, adjust it. If it needs another tweak the next day, tweak it. There's no point in waiting for a neck to settle to adjust it, just too easy to adjust it again if needed [leave the truss cover off]
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 12:50 AM

Eh, some people are so afraid to adjust the truss-rod on their guitars they akin it to "self-surgery".

Just do it, as long as you don't over tighten the thing you won't hurt the guitar.

Mic

Tags
rod adjustment , truss cover , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode