Ibanez JEM Forum banner

where can i get a mod for my guitar!

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  newbieguitarmaker 
#1 ·
i'm looking for some place that can mod my guitar to have a recessed floyd rose tremolo, which means changing the nut and routing my guitar's tremolo route. also is 150 dollars a good price for this mod?

#6 ·
well that 150 is how much the mod is, the floyd's price is only 170, i can get that. but a used rg is like 600 or more dollars i believe, which i dont have that money and also i want this guitar to be something i dont care much about, as long as it stays in tune and can do pull ups and divebombs.

#11 ·
ok let me break this down for you...

you got 300 or so dollars. You want a $1500 guitar for that amount.. Not going to happen..

You are going to have to settle for lesser quality or you pony up and buy a better guitar..

or

you scour evilbay for countless weeks waiting for something worthy to show up.

Plain and simple.

#12 ·
ok let me break this down for you...

you got 300 or so dollars. You want a $1500 guitar for that amount.. Not going to happen..

You are going to have to settle for lesser quality or you pony up and buy a better guitar..

or

you scour evilbay for countless weeks waiting for something worthy to show up.

Plain and simple.
exactly so im saying i should get the mod! i could get the mod on my fender but i dont think modding an american deluxe strat is good for the resale value and also i still wouldnt want to bring an american strat to school, so the only way im getting a guitar with an ofr for cheap is to mod my yamaha, so plz just tell me where to get the mod done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.