where to get coloured screws?? (cosmo,powdered etc)(any aussies?) - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

where to get coloured screws?? (cosmo,powdered etc)(any aussies?)

is there anywhere i can find screws of various sizes in colours like cosmo, powder chrome etc?

i need screws for ibanez projects and i figured there must be somewhere to get this sort of thing other than expensive local ibanez dealers.. afterall they're just standard screws.

especially interested in any australian sources.....

cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:20 PM

Re: where to get coloured screws?? (cosmo,powdered etc)(any aussies?)

Good luck locally Ki, I'd head straight to StewMac and Warmoth - I don't think either company does a "Cosmo" finish, but chrome, gold and black are thoroughly on their menu. (oh, yeah, they are both very reasonably priced too). Also, whoever imports Jim Dunlop stuff (like fretwire etc) into Australia sells a huge range of guitar parts in their very confusing catalogue - a lot of Korean stuff liek Golden Eagle and so on, so their prices are very competitive - I ...... just ...... can't ...... remember who that is ...... sorry! (email Dunlop and ask who sells their fretwire in Australia - that's how I found out!)

Cheers

David
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:30 PM

Reviews: 16

Here ya go. I don't know if they will ship to Australia or not. If not, you can try to find something similar where you live.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:52 PM

Reviews: 16

I knew I had it in my links somewhere. From HERE you can get a system for powder coating (pretty cheap...especially if you're interested in doing powder coating on the side) and the stuff that I gave you in the link above....AND it appears as though they'll ship to Australia.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info guys, i think i'll get cosmo stuff from ibanez.. but i was hoping to find a brushed or powder looking chrome to match the light colour of a set of schaller locking tuners i picked up a while back too..

will see what i can dig up on the net.. maybe even diy chrome brushing

i wish there was a comprehensive online ibanez parts list we could actually order from..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
thanks for the info guys, i think i'll get cosmo stuff from ibanez.. but i was hoping to find a brushed or powder looking chrome to match the light colour of a set of schaller locking tuners i picked up a while back too..

will see what i can dig up on the net.. maybe even diy chrome brushing

i wish there was a comprehensive online ibanez parts list we could actually order from..
Ummmm - I actually thought there WAS on the Ibanez Website .......

Try someone like SupaCheap Auto Spares (or whatever they are called) - they have an endless supply of chrome sprays, black chrome sprays, candy sprays, anything you've seen on a Bro's Honda Civic, they've got.......
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Try someone like SupaCheap Auto Spares (or whatever they are called) - they have an endless supply of chrome sprays, black chrome sprays, candy sprays, anything you've seen on a Bro's Honda Civic, they've got.......
Sik mate Honduh Civik!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 PM

This Ibanez dealer in Australia has a parts inquiry section on the site:
http://www.ibanezguitarcentre.com.au...8/Default.aspx

Might be worth giving them a try
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:

it would probably be a lot less painful - just grab an automotive enamel in the right color, and run over a standard set yourself...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

aah wicked idea on the auto sprays!
the ibanez site has the list which is cool for part numbers i guess but no prices or ordering. the online shop of ibanez america which does have prices etc doesn't have much of a catalogue..

Kaizzen- thanks for the link
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 12:02 AM

Reviews: 120

When my Dad and I built my custom he actually sent the screws for the pickguard, etc to the spray painter with the body. 2 years later the paint still seems to be holding up. I guess if you use proper auto paint and clear coat the screws too they'll last a fair while.

Tags
clear coat , david mccarroll , ibanez dealer , jim dunlop , locking tuners , schaller locking , schaller locking tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode