Why are all OEM trems crap nowadays? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 12:57 AM

Actually, the Edge is pot metal. The TRS type is steel. Just really crappy unhardened steel. The pot metal Edge works because the wear points are hardened steel inserts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 02:27 PM

the "cosmo powder" of the E saddle on my LO-Pro start fading away two weeks after I bought my guitar (550ex), now the saddle is showing a little point of cooper metal; does anybody knows what kind of material is use in the saddles?...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 PM

Re: Why are all OEM trems crap nowadays?

I just got a bennett FB1 with the cheaper non floyd trem. I'm wondering if I can retrofit it with the Ibanez edge - pro II trem as you can pick them up for $150 with everything new on fleabay all day. are there any templates out there that would help me rout my guitar for this and could it be too thick / thin for this trem to fit?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Banned

Man if there was a record for years being dead before resurrection, I think you'd break it :
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 05:04 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoom View Post
I just got a bennett FB1 with the cheaper non floyd trem. I'm wondering if I can retrofit it with the Ibanez edge - pro II trem as you can pick them up for $150 with everything new on fleabay all day. are there any templates out there that would help me rout my guitar for this and could it be too thick / thin for this trem to fit?
A necro thread deserves a necro-reply.......

The Edge ProII is a piece of crap that was discontinued LONG ago......and for good reason. Don't spend $150 to go from bad to bad.

Tags
base plate , equipped guitar , peavey wolfgang , pro edge , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode