will high action mess up my guitars neck? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:16 AM Thread Starter

will high action mess up my guitars neck?

my new rg570ct had set screws in the studs and i screwed up and striped them. the studs can move up but not down. and i accidentally brought them up to high. the thicker strings are higher then the thinner strings. and both sides are exceptionally high. usually my guitar is chilling in its hard case. but i am curios i keep it tuned. right now to my eye when holding my guitar up to a light and looking down it the 15 year old fret board is straighter then most new expensive pool table sticks i have looked at. i dont see any sign of warping or twisting. but can this cause damage to the neck? and will it? i am ordering new studs from rich at ibanez rules. but i am curious will this damage the neck probably soon? how long is to long set up like this? its been over a month at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM

Re: will high action mess up my guitars neck?

It should not cause any problems. You could always unscrew the studs all the way and remove the locking(internal) screw(grab the bottom with vice-grips and turn them out the bottom). Then you could adjust the studs for proper height and have decent action while you wait for the new studs.

Tags
action , high , mess up , neck , rg570ct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode