Will StewMac Floyd Rose routing templates work for Edge? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Will StewMac Floyd Rose routing templates work for Edge?

Are the StewMac routing templates for Floyd Rose tremolos the same dimensions as the Edge and/or LoPro cavities? If not, is there a source for Edge and LoPro routing templates?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 06:43 PM

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/...dge_manual.pdf

Don't forget to post pics when you're done, good luck
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

What about the template to recess the top of the body? That's not in the Edge manual. StewMac sells one that they say is for Floyd and Schaller trems. By choice, I don't have anything non-Ibanez in my house to compare with to see if the dimensions are the same.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 08:15 PM

If you must use a template, you can get the Stew-mac one, locate it for the left side, cut the left side, then reposition it on the right side, etc. I haven't seen the Stew-mac one but I would assume it's symetrical. That could be your only problem, if it was slimmer on the bass side, because that's how the Schaller & some Floyd baseplates are cut. If you call, the Stew-mac reps should be able to answer this one for you. Otherwise you can make your own template from acrylic.

I just measure and tape it off once the trem is in place, and route it. I prefer the back of the cavity (under the fine tuner area) to angle inwards, making a trapezoid instead of a rectangle. The edge angles that way, and I think it looks cool.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 08:46 AM

Oops... I've never noticed that. It'd be interesting to find out if the top routing measurements were included in the (newer) Lo-Pro Edge kit.

Anyway, this might help you. But be careful, some measurements vary inside that thread.

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/in...?showtopic=633

Tags
floyd rose , floyd rose trem , floyd rose tremolo , pro edge , schaller trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode