Another Ibanez endorsee jumps ship - Page 2 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 02:43 AM

Re: Another Ibanez endorsee jumps ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklixuz View Post
...but after the news that he switched to jackson, ibanez is just going down for me.
not a smart behaviour. you better think with your head, not Broderick's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan View Post
I love IBANEZ because I love IBANEZ.
Not because Steve Vai or Buz McGrath or someone else plays on them.
If IBANEZ lost some Artists, IBANEZ never going down for me. Because I love IBANEZ guitars.
One or two lost - two or three add. It's simple. Don't panic
Well said, I agree!
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
I think Dave Weiner did but I can't rightly recall what the reason was.
I think his reasons were (and the key word is 'think') that he didn't want to be tied to any one manufacturer as it inhibited his creative parameters. He wanted to be able to play les pauls, teles, strats etc in the public domain. Plus, as already mentioned, his musical direction appeared to just be going that way. If I was in his shoes I would have done no different.
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
not a smart behaviour. you better think with your head, not Broderick's.

Im just bluffing hahaha...
I love ibanez I cant find a guitar that I am very comfortable of. I just wish they offer ebony or birds eye maple boards to the prestige line talking about $2000 below
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom24 View Post
I think his reasons were (and the key word is 'think') that he didn't want to be tied to any one manufacturer as it inhibited his creative parameters. He wanted to be able to play les pauls, teles, strats etc in the public domain. Plus, as already mentioned, his musical direction appeared to just be going that way. If I was in his shoes I would have done no different.
Interesting. I can respect that. It's definitely evident from his latest album that his style is changing and going a different direction. Makes sense.
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 03:36 PM

Reviews: 21

Honestly, I wouldn't switch from Ibaenz if Joe, Steve, AND Paul left as long as they still made my favorite guitars.
I know I cry about it a lot here, but the dollar-yen thing is a nasty battle. I have to take my hat off to Ibanez for still putting out a good product in the face of that.
Playing devil's advocate, though...
Doing things like getting rid of Edge or Edge Pro and replacing it with Edge Zero... not really good in my book. The fact that Ibanez's 2 biggest artists DON'T use Edge Zero on their sigs is not good either!
Just my $0.02 if you're reading, Ibanez.
post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 10:23 PM

ibanez makes amazing guitars and their custom shop is phenomenal !! i switched to ESP because they give their artists /band more visibility. in addition to being a fan of ESP guitars i felt like i wanted to try something fresh with a new company.
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM

and there it is...
post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity View Post
and there it is...
He has spoken

But seriously, thanks for clearing that up, buzz!
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 PM

I've got to say I've never played an Ibanez guitar because some pro used them. I played them because I liked them. The most famous Ibanez of all is a Jem and realistically it is really not much different than a standard production guitar with some fancy routing, inlays and paintjobs. Every manufacturer seems to have a very distinct feel and I've always been a fan of what Ibanez has done.

The only thing I question from this thread is the comment that LACS won't make a custom model that isn't based on a production guitar. Isn't that what a Jem originally was? Certainly a Voyager was not even remotely similar to a production guitar.
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz1701 View Post
ibanez makes amazing guitars and their custom shop is phenomenal !! i switched to ESP because they give their artists /band more visibility. in addition to being a fan of ESP guitars i felt like i wanted to try something fresh with a new company.
Yes, thanks for commenting Buzz. I'm not a fan of ESP but congrats on the endorsement and I hope it works out well for you.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
The only thing I question from this thread is the comment that LACS won't make a custom model that isn't based on a production guitar. Isn't that what a Jem originally was? Certainly a Voyager was not even remotely similar to a production guitar.
Probably tons easier for a 'A' endorsee to get something like that done than a 'B' or 'C' line endorsee. Steve will always be Ibby's #1 guy. He could probably get them to make a 10 neck monster that would eat Rick Neilsen's 5 neck beast.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I think a voyager is actually fairly similar to an old EX body shape witha huge chunk cut out of it, but I've never had the two side by side to compare.

And the JEM wasn't so much as an artist custom shop one off as trying to relauch the whole brand of Ibanez into the market at a higher tier.

I think the whoel thing about staying line with production guitars is for the artist customs as opposed to prototypes ofr new lines and so on. James (7 dying trees) from Cradle of filth has just got a new custom that's a "bit" like a xiphos but still considerably different - maybe his own signature model? who knows?
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I think a voyager is actually fairly similar to an old EX body shape witha huge chunk cut out of it, but I've never had the two side by side to compare.
As far as I understand, the Voyager is the most out there of all the artist designs (although you could have a chicken and egg argument with the Jem and the RG). The story goes that Reb Beach dreamed it up on a ****tail napkin and had Mace Bailey build it for him. The body is much more than just an RG with a chunk cut out of the back (which is the mistake those idiot eBay sellers like Legacy make). The upper and lower horns are shaped completely differently. It's too bad that the prototype horns were likely deemed unsuitable for production, because the production ones are much less pointy and less aggressive than Reb's actual guitars (not to mention the much higher grade of koa on the prototypes). You can see the original prototype in this pic with much more pointy horns, super thick flamed koa top, the 5-way and coil tap switches in a totally different spot, no pickguard and the input jack in the standard location.

http://s93105080.onlinehome.us/Ibane...og/1991/11.jpg
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Damn! I'd buy one of those if they were in the current lineup, and I bet I wouldn't be the only one.

Rock on!

Tags
jumping ship from ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode