bad service, bad paint - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

bad service, bad paint

I have been a Gibson and Fender player for 30 years, 20 professional. I recently took the plunge into two Ibanez guitars
1- a custom black, white, and grey swirl RG-470 with a scalloped neck on the last 4 frets play great
2- An Ibanez presige [FONT=Arial]RG2570E ESL made by team J craft in japan. This guitar is brand spankin new, even the plastic is still on the covers. It is a silver with a bubly type of finish and looks or looked great. I have played this guitar for less than two weeks and no I am not a shredder. This guitar plays as well as my gibson les Paul Standard but the service and quality are certainly not the same. I can pick up the phone and call gibson and get someone in 3 minutes, Ibanez? can't even get a rep, called Canada head office, only a couple of guys and their answer, OH well this happens?? My problem is simple, the paint on this $1300 guitar is fading off as my finger tips touch it. It is white underneath and looks awful. nobody will do anything, and I can't even buy a pickguard to cover it and stop it from speading. Regardless of how nice this guitar feels and plays, if nobody from Ibanez will have the courtesy of calling me or emailing me to fix this, I will be selling all my Ibanez gear and stay with Fender and Gibson, too bad as you have an amazing sounding product, just NO service at all. I have also tried through my Vancouver Long and mcquade store and they laugh when they talk about ibanez reps If you have an answer I would be glad to hear from you

Last edited by guitar my way; 02-07-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: forgot email address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Vendor

Re: bad service, bad paint

This is an area where Hoshino USA might read and respond. You are not in the US, so whatever your answer was from Efkay, is your answer. As I told you on the phone, the guitar is at least 2+ years old now, plastic being on the covers is no sign of age or use. I explained to you what the problem is with the paint, what exactly do you expect Efkay to do for you anyway?

PS, Ibanez does not respond to threats of any kind, and the threat of selling your guitars and playing the Fenders you already have is veil at best.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:36 AM

Reviews: 25

Ibanez Australia are great, I speak to them often and find them to be really great guys, and i always get through on the first call.

See the thing is, you have been a gibson and fender player for 20 years etc... so you know those brands well and which models are better then others etc.. You took the plunge into ibanez.. did you do any research before choosing them.. The models you choose arnt the be all and end all of ibanez, there are better models with better finishes etc..

Maybe a 20 yr professional player who I guess would play their guitar at least a few times a week for gigs, you would have choosen a better finish that would last longer. Like a standard clear coat instead of some special bubbly thing...

I can hardly see Ibanez moving a muscle when they hear your selling your ibanez to return to Fender/gibson :P
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:51 AM

pics of the problem?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 AM

How would getting a pickguard stop it from "spreading"? Is it some guitar virus slowly eating away the paint job? Perhaps L&M, instead of laughing, can give you the phone number of whatever rep they deal with. I've heard Guitar Center like horror stories about L&M anyway. Obviously, you contacted Rich tho, being so far probably your smartest move, Rich is an authorized dealer, not a sales rep.

Have you tried doing this rant at the official Ibanez forums? Jemsite is the foremost site to talk Ibanez and tho there is an official Ibanez thread, is not connected to Hoshino.

I do feel bad about your situation but realize not every company is perfect and sometimes, yes, even Gibson, send out guitars with problems.

You also didn't say how this guitar was acquired. Did you buy it from that L&M store? Did you buy it from an online retailer? Did you buy it from the 'bay? Craig's list? Seedy looking guy with his custom painted two unicorns ablaze on the side Dodge van behind the local market? If you've had it two weeks, why can't you return it unless you got it on closeout/final sale. I also find it hard to believe it went from perfect to hideous in only two weeks (sadly, you can't post pics/links with a low post count). I would presume whomever sold it to you stored the guitar improperly the entire time they had it.

Far as your threats, who was that supposed to impress? Certainly not us, I hope. Certainly not Ibanez, as well. Have you also tried contacting Hoshino USA and maybe they can help you connect with Hoshino Canada? There's always a few routes to take before turning off on a dead end rant.

Last edited by Jack Secret; 02-07-2010 at 08:28 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 AM

whoa go easy jack this is "message to ibanez" part of the forum and thats all he did. can not see a rant. what does it matter where he got the guitar from, and just because you find things hard to believe that doesn't mean they don't happen. You sound like he insulted you personally.

As far as customer service, i recently contacted Hoshino and they were friendly and helpful , i had problems locating a phone number for customer service and they sure don't advertise there is one

And yes Gibson is easier.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:31 AM

Reviews: 1

Post pics or it didn't happen.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanized View Post
whoa go easy jack this is "message to ibanez" part of the forum and thats all he did. can not see a rant. what does it matter where he got the guitar from, and just because you find things hard to believe that doesn't mean they don't happen. You sound like he insulted you personally.

As far as customer service, i recently contacted Hoshino and they were friendly and helpful , i had problems locating a phone number for customer service and they sure don't advertise there is one

And yes Gibson is easier.
Never said it didn't happen. Just he left a lot of info out. I said I was sympathetic to his plight and I gave several options to remedy his situation. Plus, anything post that ends in a veiled threat of "I'm selling A and going back to B and C" sounds like a finished rant to me.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 AM

If you bought it new, take it back to the store. Warranty coverage nearly always starts the date of purchase. If you bought it used, you're probably screwed. Swirl it.

In all seriousness, however, this is a player's forum. You may get some guys from Hoshino USA to see this, but I wouldn't count on it being taken too seriously. What you're doing here is the equiavlent of telling the guys on the Les Paul forum that you're switching to Ibanez.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post

In all seriousness, however, this is a player's forum. You may get some guys from Hoshino USA to see this, but I wouldn't count on it being taken too seriously. What you're doing here is the equiavlent of telling the guys on the Les Paul forum that you're switching to Ibanez.

Tak just commented the other day that changes had been made based on the user input here. If what you say is accurate the whole " comment to ibanez" sub section of the forum is pointless.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f22/ti...nez-98393.html
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 PM

I should clarify what I meant then, because I'm sure helpful suggestions or constructive criticism is taken seriously. However, one guy threatening to switch brands probably isn't. Especially when he's got what could be a used guitar or a new guitar with a warranty issue that should be dealt with at the dealer level.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

It's important to remember that this is a "Comments to Ibanez" forum and whilst Tak and the other folks at Hoshino USA might read this board, it's not their job to personally reply to each message with a solution.

It's great that sometimes Tak might comment on the forum, but folks shouldn't expect that of him, it's not his job.

As Rich mentioned above, we also have to remember that Hoshino Gakki in Japan or Hoshino USA in America might not be directly responsible for issues with guitars in, say the UK or Canada.

Threats of any kind, posted on a webiste, make you look stupid at best, so lets try to avoid that sort ot subject and try to keep any criticism more constructive. Thanks in advance guys
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 01:38 PM

The OP evidently signed up to rant, ranted, and has moved on. So should we all.

(ommmmmm)
Closed Thread

Tags
no help? , no rep , no reply

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode