Colors - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Colors

I've been loyal to Ibanez guitars since I started playing guitar 25 years ago and really have only one beef with the current line up.

Color choices please? You can have any color guitar you want, as long as it's black or white. Don't get me wrong, the quilted tops on the Premiums and other models is just gorgeous but how about some more solid color choices?

How about a red Jem with a pearl pickguard, white pickups and a maple board with a red tree of life inlay? I'd buy one I can tell you that.

Respectfully
Bob H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 AM

Re: Colors

yeah Ibanez has been lacking in the colors of late. I believe the reason is because sadly black for some reason is just popular and sells well but most of the more loyal and i guess veteran
ibanez fans so to speak prefer a larger variety of colors.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 AM

I agree. I still keep my 1992 catalog around because it's nice to look at it once in a while to see the variety of colors in all the guitar lines. Different models had different colors but the key was the color choices.

I guess maybe because I'm older (41) that the black and white choices are boring to me. Maybe the kids these days just go for black guitars. I know the next guitar I buy will be a color OTHER than black or white and will most likely not be Ibanez. Shame, since Ibanez has been my favorite brand for a long time.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 03:58 PM

YES MORE SOLID COLORS PLEASE ON THE PREMIUM LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:07 PM

I would never let color dictate what guitar I owned. I would play the ugliest RG if it play/sounded right.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
I would never let color dictate what guitar I owned. I would play the ugliest RG if it play/sounded right.
My only requirement was that I get a solid red on an ibby. I found it in a Candy Apple 550 so I'm happy. I love red guitars and I let color dictate my purchase of the 550 (also the fact it was a 550 helped alot though )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 PM

I agree 100%. There are guitars that I didn't buy even know I really liked them based purely on color. I don't get the idea of having a guitar lineup with 947 different guitars with minimal difference between them and offering many man different configurations, but only one or two colors. How about everything comes in a red a blue and maybe a white and black then make some other weird colors or just change the colors up every once in a while so they get mixed up in retail?? I like the trans finishes too, but I do just want a good old Ibanez solid crazy yellow sometimes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode