Counterfeit Ibanez Auctions - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
V.I.P.

Exclamation Counterfeit Ibanez Auctions

Ibanez is aware of counterfeiting issue.

For more info visit

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/Counte...ing/index.html

thanks for playing Ibanez!!!

http://www.ibanez.com/

Last edited by ibanezusa; 05-19-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:07 PM

Re: Counterfeit Ibanez Auctions

Does Ibanez actively go after these conterfiet and fake auctions?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 PM

Why do I feel like Ive read this before... 3457 times

Its just that everytime I go to "those" sites, I see so many of them, its baffling, and its not getting any better. This kind of thing will render a site undesirable before long, if not make it completely unusable. Its seems near impossible to fix, short of closing down The Bays guitar dept., which is only temporary. Shi**y situation, thats for sure.

Last edited by SonataGuitarist; 05-17-2006 at 11:46 PM.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshinousa
Ibanez is aware of online auction websites that currently have hundreds of instruments that look like Ibanez guitars and/or feature our trademarked Ibanez headstocks and logos. Ibanez is actively involved in addressing this ongoing international counterfeiting issue. These guitars do not offer the feel, sound and quality people expect from Ibanez. In fact, most are not good guitars by any standard.

We here at Ibanez, our distributors, and our retailers have heard many complaints from consumers who have purchased these instruments thinking they were getting a great deal when actually, in the end, they were getting swindled.

If a guitar is up for auction or straight sale at a price thatís a fraction of what a new or used Ibanez guitar would typically sell for, chances are itís not a genuine Ibanez. If the shipping cost is more than the price of the guitar, itís probably not a genuine Ibanez.

The best protection against being cheated or disappointed is to buy your new or used Ibanez guitars and basses from an authorized Ibanez retailer. Please contact the distributor for your country thatís listed on the Ibanez website to find the nearest Ibanez authorized retailer.

Many great resources exist for verifying the authenticity of vintage Ibanez products (such as Jemsite for example). When purchasing vintage Ibanez guitars from auction sites please contact the seller to find out their location, check their feedback, request multiple photos, and the serial number to verify the authenticity of the instrument.

thanks for playing Ibanez!!!

http://www.ibanez.com/
Hi, without sounding rude, don't you think 99.9% of us already know by now? I think you should be addressing the people who DON'T know somehow.

Maybe going to the e bay forums? I don't know but it's worth a try
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Vendor

Here is the e-bay thread on fake Ibanez

http://forums.****.com/db1/thread.js...165398&start=0

[replace the **** with that 4 letter word]

Maybe somebody could officially tell Poprocks he bought a fake instead of the "second" he thinks he got such a great deal on.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:46 AM

lol

Ah I see
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
V.I.P.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by ibanezusa; 05-19-2006 at 10:33 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 PM

What I was asking was if Ibanez itself (the company) works with **** to get rid of these fake and counterfiet auctions?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Maybe somebody could officially tell Poprocks he bought a fake instead of the "second" he thinks he got such a great deal on.
I've been reading that entire thread on evilbay about this. Dude, he was a moron. You tried repeatedly with proof and pics and he didn't want to listen. Let him enjoy his cardboard, elmer's glue and glitter chibanez.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM

Angry Re: Counterfeit Ibanez Auctions

I hate these FAKE Ibanez guitars! - I really do hate them Badly!
because of these FAKE's now you get asked - Is it the real deal or a FAKE! & on top of that you get asked to prove it!

talk about insults!

These crapy thing's are spreading like a F#ck'n Plauge! & to make matters worse there copying any guitar on the market, not just Ibanez guitars
hard to see if any guitar will hold its Value after a few years of the copys being sold like a hot drug on the market,
to the novice these fake's look real enough, so there cash is handed over to the Fake dealer's out there,
just think- if this keeps up How are the good guitar manufacturers going to compete for those hard to get ($$$dollars!) & not all people buy high end guitars so how would you sustain your Biz? low end guitars? (hard to compete with high end copy's at low end price's- if you know what i'm say here?),

I don't see any soluition's to this bad problem, & by the look of it i think it's geting out of hand & will get much worse- Just look at all the Fake's on EvilBay not just Ibanez guitars, WOW!

My $0.2c

Jake.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaken777
My $0.2c

Jake.
You just bought yourself a Chibanez! Just add $300 for shipping!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Here is the e-bay thread on fake Ibanez

http://forums.****.com/db1/thread.js...165398&start=0
Thanks for the link. That was good entertainment. I don't think these fake auctions will go away anytime soon because of the boundless multitude of morons that will be there to buy them. Most of the buyers that chimed in on that thread didn't do any homework to verify what they were buying was real.

Last edited by southpaw_lefty; 06-10-2006 at 07:15 PM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:38 PM

Im amazed that they aren't making RG 550 knockoffs with a replica of the Wizard neck.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:46 AM

Talking Re: Counterfeit Ibanez Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret
You just bought yourself a Chibanez! Just add $300 for shipping!
ILMFAO!!!!!- good one Bro!
& if you NO likey this electricity guitar -just add another $300 shipping on top of that $300.02 you just paided out to return that Chibanez so you can get a full refund on that $0.02c

what a joke! lol.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:30 PM

what about all the copied auctions ?
e-bay do nothing when an identical top of the line ibanez comes on the bay which is genuine and 10 minutes later there are 10 auctions using the same text and pictures but the guitar comes from ?????
thats right... China.
usually there is a seller with 0 feedback.
search for "swirl" on the bay right now and see for yourself....

they are also starting to sell RG's and stuff (counterfeit)
but im sure tyou guys at ibanez know that.

Tags
ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode