Curious - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Curious

Wondered if Ibanez has ever listened to anyone in this thread?

I can't believe another year and not one Ibanez is worth buying to me... I think many people would prefer old school ibanezs from the late 80's and early 90's

If you think we need some vintage re-releases, post here.

We get enough we can start a petition to Ibanez to make guitars we would purchase, not ones we would pass up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Curious

Yes, Ibanez have listened to some of the things that are said here, however you need to realise that Jemsite represents a tiny minority of Ibanez's global market for their guitars.

Actual sales figures from actual stores, whether online or brick and mortar, tell them what sells and what doesn't. Whilst I would love to have access to some of the guitars from 20 years ago, the guitar world has, unfortunately moved on.

I'm sure if this wasn't the case, we'd see a lot more luminous yellow RG655s and 657s and who knows what else.

That said, I'm not having any of this modern edge zero nonsense, it's old school or nothing on bridges for me!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Yep so I was thinking this is the biggest Ibanez site there is, or there's another bigger site? Far as I know it's all there is... Shouldn't that mean something?

I get your point about local stores but I think Ibanez would listen to us if enough people made their feelings known. I refuse to buy anything that's not made in japan to start, and none of this new stuff interests me at all... It's just not the same anymore, like too commercialized to maximize profits... And we the Musicians seem to get the short end of the stick.

That's just not fair, or right, to treat us this way... Who really wants
a 10 string compared to all of us that just want jems and eggs and js guitars?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Vendor

They do listen to people, who the majority of have made it very clear they're tired of these reissues and want new, fresh, and innovative.

There is no way in hell they'll ever do another LNG JEM that was limited to 777, unless they did 77 of them and sugi build priced them at $7777. Ibanez are no fools, they know these are expensive guitars and they'd price them accordingly. So everybody that cried for one would just bitch about how greedy Ibanez is and they're thinking about not supporting them anymore at all. Thankfully, we'll never have to worry about it.

Love this time of year, always the most complaining you'll ever hear.

Short end of the stick? Got a really nice new JS, probably another one coming, JEM will be due for refresh, so why the complaints?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 06:01 PM

The orange JS looks amazing and the new UVs are cool too
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
They do listen to people, who the majority of have made it very clear they're tired of these reissues and want new, fresh, and innovative.

There is no way in hell they'll ever do another LNG JEM that was limited to 777, unless they did 77 of them and sugi build priced them at $7777. Ibanez are no fools, they know these are expensive guitars and they'd price them accordingly. So everybody that cried for one would just bitch about how greedy Ibanez is and they're thinking about not supporting them anymore at all. Thankfully, we'll never have to worry about it.

Love this time of year, always the most complaining you'll ever hear.

Short end of the stick? Got a really nice new JS, probably another one coming, JEM will be due for refresh, so why the complaints?
Some people like to complain about guitar colors...and they want to make sure you are aware of their feelings on the matter.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 10:54 PM

I am in that age group over 35 to 55 and many fondly remember the early-90s Ibbys and before. There was a lot of great stuff there and the RG pretty much made Ibanez what it is today.

But music has moved on and so has Ibanez. They build what sells and I have a feeling that a lot of the under-35 crowd may not be into square heel, neon RGs with OE playing Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, and 80s metal or 80s Shrapnel Records shred music. The 80s RG was perfect for instrumental metal and all types of popular metal for the time, and you could see our favorite guitar every day on MTV. It left a huge imprint at the time and it seemed like it would last forever.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
you could see our favorite guitar every day on MTV. It left a huge imprint at the time and it seemed like it would last forever.
true.
my playlist in my car is mixed from the music I started listening from my junior high school years ( tiffany, debbie gibson, cindy lauper, madonna, scorpions, europe etc), to the music I listen from the college years.
I definitely stopped listening and following heavy metal music since DT trains of thought or something..
with the expection of Nightwish ( I found out about them after graduate from college), which I'm still following.

and I'm 38..
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Just not happy with the changes they seem to have made in recent years. Wish they would still have some way for us to order a custom js or jem if that's what we wanted...

Makes sense they want new stuff but to me they shouldn't just toss the classics... Fender and Gibson still make reissues... Just hoping Ibanez would do the same...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastforded View Post
Just not happy with the changes they seem to have made in recent years. Wish they would still have some way for us to order a custom js or jem if that's what we wanted...

Makes sense they want new stuff but to me they shouldn't just toss the classics... Fender and Gibson still make reissues... Just hoping Ibanez would do the same...
I love the changes they've been making these past few years. It seems that they've gone back to their roots. New prestige series have the original edge and low pro trems, they went back to the 17-19mm super wizard shape, started putting quality pickups on the guitars (was a little while back, but still relatively recent), they reintroduced the rga, and they have some beautiful finishes. Someone buy me an rg652ahm and a 752ahm please.]...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:18 AM

I think on one level we represent the nitpicky-est Ibanez users. We have incredibly specific needs like Edge over EZII, certain DiMarzio models over others, and even certain finishes.

Ibanez makes what sells and while there may be trem users that can only picture the Edge, many a player would be thrilled with EZII. The alternative is Floyd Rose Special which is not in same league. While we may want DiMarzios, an Ibby branded pickup could do the job. And as for colors, face it, in rock and roll you always get great mileage out of black or white.

If you have other guitars like a Les Paul or an American Standard Stratocaster, certain Wizard necks not quite as thin as the thinnest of all Wizards are still thinner than most other brands.

We have come to expect a certain excellence but fail to realize just how much better our second (Iron Label, Artstar, Premium) and third tier guitars (RG Standards, Artcores, GIOs) are better than the other companies at the same price point. Like any big company, it lives and dies on some third tier and many second tier guitars and for some the first tier is a non-factor in terms of survival. Who here thinks top of the line Deans or BC Rich guitars made in America are honestly a big percentage of that company's bottom line? How much does J Custom offer to the overall picture for us?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 04:07 AM

agreed with 63Blazer.
Looking back at the 2016 line up, I've seen Ibanez is keep updating their line up accordingly to where the wind blows.
We have Iron label RGAIX which is very.... mayones look a like?
we have Iron label RGDIX which is very... kiesel or some other company that doing two tones sandwich stuffs now?
not to mention fanned frets and other new stuffs that I don't really care.

For old guys like me ( or us), they try to make us happy with RG655 and RG 655M, which is very similar looking with our old beloved RG 550.
how many of us already had numerous of 5XX, and still thinking need another one?
I'm one for sure.
yet I'm still bitching about how the new super wizard neck did not come to my taste.
well..that's my own problem.

bottom line : I do believe they do listen to people here in jemsite, but we are only very little market share comparing to new generation of players that into newer stuffs.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:58 AM

I agree the RG655 IS the RG550 they just rebadged it! And what did they give us as an RG550? That Indonesian plank with the fake neck pickup!

One think I think they should do is make the Iron Label its own model series rather than stuffing it in with the standard RG line. It deserves to standalone like the AR and SA etc.

Also I wish they would not keep reinventing the Wizard neck I think there must be about 6 variations now, in my mind it should be 17mm at the first fret 20mm at the 12th. Saw one yesterday what was 20mm at the 1st fret on an Ibanez e-mail flyer (??). What with the Wizard, Super Wizard, Ultra Wizard, Prestige Wizard, surely one standard is better?

Also I think the Wizard 2/3 should be renamed as they are different to the original Wizard ethos and even the radius is different! Why can't these be "RG Standard 1" etc?

It does seem as though Ibanez take note of our comments here just by looking at the sheer range they now produce compared to 2010.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode