Custom models pics from the Custom Shop? - Page 6 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: Custom models pics from the Custom Shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
Dear Glen, how are you? I'm still lobbying Hoshino Gakki asking them to bring back the locking studs for our Edge Pro unit. Tom Tanaka, Mike Shimada, all the big guys, R&D team guys knows that I'm really pushing for the locking studs.Some guys agreed with me but some are not. They are still very skeptical about the product warranty problems caused by the locking studs as I told you earlier. The good news for now is that they are really considering this Locking studs issue once again. I can't promise you anything right now but something is moving under the surface for sure.
This sounds like great news, lets all keep our fingers crossed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 PM

Reviews: 120

Sucks about the 540P big time, but good to hear about progress on the locking stud issue.
post #78 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Dee

Tak, I thought we'd discussed the locking stud issue elsewhere and come to the conclusion that supplying the guitars with the posts ready to accept the locking screws would be the best solution. This would enable us to fit them ourselves later if we wish, but they would need to be made available separately. I wonder if you made this suggestion to the necessary people at Ibanez? I can't imagine a better way, it's a win-win situation.
post #79 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Sir, I'm very much aware of that.I've introduced all kind of options too. However,takes a lot of effort to move big guitar company like Ibanez and all kind of company politics also I have to dealt with.Please understand that I'm trying my best try to convince the company and it is NOT easy things to do.
post #80 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Sir, I'm very much aware of that.I've introduced all kind of options too. However,takes a lot of effort to move big guitar company like Ibanez and all kind of company politics also I have to dealt with.Please understand that I'm trying my best try to convince the company and it is NOT easy things to do.
at least your trying.

cheers .
post #81 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
We made this 540P as a production prototype for 2007. Hoshino gakki did not like the idea at all. I'm sorry guys.
No wonder we don't see lefties.

Regards

André

post #82 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
We made this 540P as a production prototype for 2007. Hoshino gakki did not like the idea at all. I'm sorry guys.
HUGE THUMBS DOWN TO HOSHINO!

Quote:
Please understand that I'm trying my best try to convince the company and it is NOT easy things to do.
HUGE THUMBS UP TO TAK!
post #83 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Dee

Yes indeed. Mr. Hosono, you rule.
post #84 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 PM

You know, I'm almost glad they didn't make it. You know why? Because it wouldn't have been ANYTHING like the prototype by the time Ibanez got through cheapafying it. I'm sure it would have been a MIK, or MII, shadow of it's former self. It would be so frustrating to come up with something so cool, and then have it turned into cheap beginner guitar. --Jason
post #85 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM

It's great to know that Tak and crew are still coming up with some awesome ideas for their guitars. It's just a shame that the suits are so closed minded.
post #86 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahrs View Post
I'm almost glad they didn't make it Because it wouldn't have been ANYTHING like the prototype...
right, then stop thinking new ideas and producing new interesting stuff or cool reissues because of that.

please Tak, do not listen to these BS and keep trying to open minds at Hoshino.
post #87 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM

I never said stop coming up with new ideas, or stop trying to change the minds of the higher ups at Hoshino. I'm saying I'm glad the 540PII wasn't downgraded to a MIK or MII beginner guitar. I give all the credit in the world to Tak and the custom shop for coming up with new ideas. It's not their fault Ibanez chooses either not to act on, or downgrade new models they come up with.

Tak, have you ever built yourself a custom? (Ibanez or not) If so, do you have any pictures of it? --Jason
post #88 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Dear Jason,I've got some kick a## custom shop Ibanez guitars to show you.Thank you very much for your support and suggestions.
post #89 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:44 AM

Definitely a big thumbs up to you Tak for trying to make some changes over there.
post #90 of 338 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahrs View Post
I never said stop coming up with new ideas, or stop trying to change the minds of the higher ups at Hoshino.
i haven't said that, read my post plz.

Tags
acoustic guitar , alex lifeson , beautiful guitar , coil tap , coil tapping , crystal planet , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom models , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dino cazares , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , edge trem , flame maple , fret access , guitar collection , guitar mag , hoshino gakki , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , jennifer batten , joe satriani , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck joint , neck plate , neck plates , paf pro , paf pros , paul gilbert , production model , quilted maple , rosewood fingerboard , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , sounding guitar , standard jem , stanley jordan , steve vai , string xiphos , super distortion , tone zone , tone zone bridge , usa custom exotic wood , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode