Everybody needs an Uncle Ben; including Ibanez. - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Thumbs up Everybody needs an Uncle Ben; including Ibanez.

I'm not sure really how to start a thread like this, but here goes.

Ibanez/Hoshino USA, please could I ask you to spend a little time to get whoever looks at endorsing new artists to look at this webpage...

https://www.youtube.com/user/BenEllerGuitars

Here is a young man that clearly loves Ibanez, has a rising profile, has played with a number of notable bands and is able to engage with his audience in a positive, informative and non-patronizing way. He is exactly the sort of guitarist I would want as a teacher and I think he's exactly the sort of guitarist that would be an excellent clinician for Ibanez.

I've played Ibanez for well over 20 years and he's the sort of fellow I would like to see as an ambassador for the guitar company that I regard as "my" brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 09:22 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Everybody needs an Uncle Ben; including Ibanez.

I would absolutely support Ben as an Ibanez endorsee........ He's EXACTLY what the "New Guitar" community is and needs.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 09:29 PM

Good find. Thanks for sharing. I agree that he has a good sense of humor while delivering good info.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 12:52 PM

Reviews: 10

Agreed
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:16 PM

Ben is it. I am surprised he's not endorsed yet.

There are so many really great shredders out there, and Ibanez is by far the most used guitar by the shredder set so I can see why it's exceptionally hard to get on their endorser list. With Fender or Gibson, you only need to sell a lot of albums as a pop or country star and then they make a guitar for you, but with Ibanez, besides selling records you also have to be a great player since great technical playing is inseparable from the Ibanez moniker. It took forever for them to see Nita Strauss and I am glad she is finally being recognized beyond the metal shredding community.

Ben could be a really great ambassador to Ibanez, especially since he also has a great and friendly online presence.

Who does Jemsite (membership) have as Ibanez endorsers besides the great Magnus Olsson? I think Kyle could someday be a sponsored Ibanez name, too.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
Ben is it. I am surprised he's not endorsed yet.

There are so many really great shredders out there, and Ibanez is by far the most used guitar by the shredder set so I can see why it's exceptionally hard to get on their endorser list. With Fender or Gibson, you only need to sell a lot of albums as a pop or country star and then they make a guitar for you, but with Ibanez, besides selling records you also have to be a great player since great technical playing is inseparable from the Ibanez moniker. It took forever for them to see Nita Strauss and I am glad she is finally being recognized beyond the metal shredding community.

Ben could be a really great ambassador to Ibanez, especially since he also has a great and friendly online presence.

Who does Jemsite (membership) have as Ibanez endorsers besides the great Magnus Olsson? I think Kyle could someday be a sponsored Ibanez name, too.
Over the years, James from Cradle of Filth, Rob Balducci and even Steve Vai himself have all posted here...
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:30 PM

Dave Weiner, as well, though he's now with PRS. Angel Vivaldi as well - he was never super active here, but he played a number of Jemfests, and frankly he's on my short list of rising talents to watch. He and Lyle Watt, but he's a Jaden Rose endorsee already...

Also, weren't one/both of the guys from Dragonforce members before their band really took off?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Dave Weiner, as well, though he's now with PRS. Angel Vivaldi as well - he was never super active here, but he played a number of Jemfests, and frankly he's on my short list of rising talents to watch. He and Lyle Watt, but he's a Jaden Rose endorsee already...

Also, weren't one/both of the guys from Dragonforce members before their band really took off?
Wow, I didn't know they, and Steve Vai, were members.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:54 PM

You have to be really, REALLY good to get full Ibanez endorsement...top notch skill and talent or sell loads of cd's/concert tickets. Anyone touring on a regular basis and recording albums can get on artist roster pretty easy.....but it is just guitars at cost and picture in back of catalog.
This goes for all companies.......full endorsement will not happen.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
You have to be really, REALLY good to get full Ibanez endorsement...top notch skill and talent or sell loads of cd's/concert tickets. Anyone touring on a regular basis and recording albums can get on artist roster pretty easy.....but it is just guitars at cost and picture in back of catalog.
This goes for all companies.......full endorsement will not happen.
Are those then only the ones with signature models only? Satch, Vai, Scofield, Timmons, Noodles, Benson, etc.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Yeah Herman certainly was a member, but I wasn't sure how many folks would recognise him outside of his signature guitar. Are Dragonforce a big band in the USA? Or are they a European thing?
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 08:38 AM

Herman still comes here occasionally. Seems like a really nice guy.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Yeah Herman certainly was a member, but I wasn't sure how many folks would recognise him outside of his signature guitar. Are Dragonforce a big band in the USA? Or are they a European thing?
Dragonforce is huge in USA among metalheads but probably also the whole world. If any English guitarist like Herman is big over there, it's almost a guarantee that he will get some fame over here across the pond. Clapton, Page, Beck, Blackmore, Holdsworth and anything in big in UK is bound to get the ears of American guitarists. Likewise, I am sure Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani are big in England.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 06:07 PM

I'd also through a vote in for Ben.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Whether or not they were before, one of their tunes being the final song on Guitar Hero III you unlocked after you beat the game was probably HUGE for them.

Tags
uncle ben eller

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode