Fixed Bridge RGD - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Lightbulb Fixed Bridge RGD

So I was thinking about the new RGD series (extended scale), took a look at the models, and decided it would be great to save for one of them just to play some downtuned metal songs \m/ BUT they all have floating bridges. Now, I think it's great that they offer guitars with extended scale and floating bridges (perfect for professionals), but IMO the main reason to use a extended-scale guitar is to be able to play in SEVERAL down tunings, not just one (D standard), and we all now that changing between tunings in a floating bridge guitar is a pain in the a$$.

In a few words, it would be awesome if ibanez released a fixed-bridge RGD, especially a 7 string (extended scales work great with 7 strings imo). (If it's non prestige, then it's better for me, cause I got no money right now ) But consider the market: many people right now are into downtuned metal, I think ibanez could make some cash with a fixed bridge model.

just my humble opinion. I still think the new models are wonderful, to say the least, and I must thank you Ibanez for listening to us!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM

Re: Fixed Bridge RGD

Personally I just hate floating bridges and don't really use them, so while I agree with your statement, it's for every reason but changing tunings, I prefer the feel and solidity, maintenance issues, and not to mention I hate having to try to lighten up my right hand so its barely touching the bridge just so the notes don't go sharp.

Only problem is that the majority doesn't like fixed bridges; if you look at reviews of ANY guitar, whether it be low end dirt or high end golden scepters, you will constantly see things like "Man this is the perfect guitar if only it had a floyd" or "I'd buy it if it had a tremelo", ect. Even though 90% of guitars from brands like Ibanez, Jackson or BC Rich all have floating bridges and there may be a model identical to that one with no spec differences other than the bridge (which makes me facepalm). Looking for a guitar with the specs you want can at times feel as though your shopping for a lefty, as when you do have fixed bridge guitars they are usually really low end cheapies. I could easily find the guitar with my perfect specs if only if had a fixed bridge.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Yeah you're right, forgot to add all the manteinance floating bridges need, but I can't deny i love doing crazy whamy stuff and vibratos with the floyd and the right hand problem goes away with time but yeah sometimes I feel I miss the simplicity of a fixed bridge ...

Well if I were a professional guitar player who toured a lot, and if I had a lot of money, all off my guitars would have floating bridges (the guitar tech would do all the setups), but I'm just a guy who plays guitar for fun and joy and has little money, so instead of buying lots of guitars I prefer to have one or two that can cover most of the musical genres out there.

That's one of the reasons I suggested a fixed bridge RGD: knowing that most of us Ibanez lovers have got at least one guitar with a floating bridge, it would be a nice change to be able to get our hands on a "different" kind of guitar and show the rest that ibanez not only focuses on one music genre, but tries to make versatile guitars.

I hope someone important related to ibanez is reading this
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 06:08 AM

Reviews: 120

My local shop actually received a hard tail one late last year, must have been a prototype or something. Sold the day it went out on the shelf.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Killer View Post
Well if I were a professional guitar player who toured a lot, and if I had a lot of money, all off my guitars would have floating bridges (the guitar tech would do all the setups), but I'm just a guy who plays guitar for fun and joy and has little money, so instead of buying lots of guitars I prefer to have one or two that can cover most of the musical genres out there.
If I had a guitar tech I'd keep at least one floating bridge guitar, but just because it's a lot of fun to screw around with the noises you can make with it
But overall to me the pros don't outweigh the cons even if you do take out the maintenance factor. And lets be honest most guitarists who have floating bridges don't even use them, whether they realize it or not.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:46 AM

[img]http://*****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/eg/products/test/RGD321BKF.gif[/img]

considering the above RGD is now a regular production model this Summer 2010, ibanez might have been reading & concurring with our issues, concerns & ideals after all.

Tags
bridge , fixed , rgd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode