Guitars that i think ibanez should make; - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Guitars that i think ibanez should make;

A carved top RG with edge pro in 6 and 7 string variants. These would come in various colour quilt top finishes like green, red, blue or whatever and would have a slight sunburst effect so for example; the green one would be darker green round the edge, the red one would fade to black around the edge etc. Binding around the edge of the body and headstock like what you get on a Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR would be fantastic too! H-H p/up config would be preferable for my taste. Fancy wood finishes would be sweet too like those on the 2006 prestige sabres - i like the one that kinda looks like the surface of the moon. To complete the dream machine wet dream, they'd be fully vine inlayed up too. Volume and tone controls with a five way selecter. Not sure whether i'd like neck thru or not... Finally, it MUST have the 'tick' behind the ibanez logo on the headstock - none of this plain prestige style stuff.

NEXT, a sabre in natural mahogany finish with EDGE PRO!! - no zr ta very much, don't like them. 24 fret (PLEASE!), vine inlay, H-H p/up configuration like the RG described above. My s7420 is likely to end up with this spec eventually (but it won't be 24 fret) because i know ibanez won't make this guitar EVER because they don't love us enough...

I shall finish by pointing out that i love my ibanez guitars and rate them higher than anything else on the market - to the point that i won't buy a guitar unless it says 'ibanez' on it and was made in japan.

Thankyou please x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Dee

Re: Guitars that i think ibanez should make;

Not wanting to piss on your bonfire, but your dream Ibanez won't happen. Especially the 24-fret S model. Why? Because putting a 24-fret neck on an S would throw the neck pickup out of line -- it's right underneath (what would be) the 24th fret harmonic. Moving it somewhere closer to the bridge won't sound right.

Welcome to the board, though.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Not wanting to piss on your bonfire, but your dream Ibanez won't happen. Especially the 24-fret S model. Why? Because putting a 24-fret neck on an S would throw the neck pickup out of line -- it's right underneath (what would be) the 24th fret harmonic. Moving it somewhere closer to the bridge won't sound right.

I know some endorsees have custom 24 fret S's though - are theirs modified to accommodate this problem?
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:58 PM

Probably not, location of the neck pick up is a problem with all 24 fret guitars as far as I know.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:53 AM

Quote:
putting a 24-fret neck on an S would throw the neck pickup out of line...
that's one of the reasons i prefer 22-fret guitars. the other reason is that i never play beyond the 16th fret
i'd love to see 22-fret RGs, but then they wouldn't be "real" RGs though. i happened to find a 22-fret RG weeks ago, it doesn't look modded at all, it looks pretty factory made, and it's got the neck pickup right on the 24th fret harmonic. never seen those before...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Dee

Interesting, Nuno. Do you know the model number? Better yet, did you get some pics?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 03:01 AM

I wouldnt mind an angled fretboard cut from the 24th on the high E to the 22 on the low E. I couldnt go completely without the 23rd and 24th.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Dee

I like that kind of board too. In fact I always wanted a 23-fret guitar.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
i happened to find a 22-fret RG weeks ago, it doesn't look modded at all, it looks pretty factory made, and it's got the neck pickup right on the 24th fret harmonic. never seen those before...
I can't believe that surprised you - RG3xx available in Japan before '91 and here's a pic of the 1990 Japanese catalog I took right out of your site.

You're never going to find one though.
Japan only and they stoped making them in '91
Here's another pic from the '91 Japanese catalog.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
I can't believe that surprised you...
your right Dex, i forgot aobut those at all, thanx for noticing. but what really surprises me is that it's factory painted black behind the neck, and it's got a factory installed Schaller Floyd Rose instead of the TRS (the cavity is for the Floyd, not for the TRS). also it's got a 1-ply pickguard instead of the standard 3-ply b/w/b. i'll be posting pics soon...
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 AM

here's some pics:

sorry, only disassembled guitar pics, but i think they show enough. other pics HERE.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:

He can dream can't he .

Regards

André

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchriossi View Post
A carved top RG with edge pro...

NEXT, a sabre in natural mahogany finish with EDGE PRO!!...
Why the edge pro?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111 View Post
Why the edge pro?
coming from an old school Ibanez fan .

Regards

André

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
He can dream can't he .

Regards

André
Sure. This is the "Comments to Ibanez" section, though.

Regards

Deé

Tags
edge pros , floyd rose , fret guitar , fret guitars , fret neck , ibanez guitars , locking tuners , neck pickup , neck thru , ply pickguard , schaller floyd rose , shawn lane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode