Hosono USA NOS Neck - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Hosono USA NOS Neck

I have a guitar neck that i purchased from Ebay, anther gentleman on another forum has informed me that the neck was originally made as a back up neck for a guitar made for Bradford Kelly, of the Australian Band "Heaven".

I was wondering if there was truth to this, because i also remember hearing from the seller that it was made as a replacement for a Kramer American neck for an un named artist that eventually ended up getting a Kramer replacement and not needing this one.

I was hoping someone that worked at Hosono Guitar Works or Mr. Hosono himself could comment. I understand if there isn't a clear answer on this one.

The other question is much easier, Is there any way i could get a Hosono logo so i could display the maker of the neck up top at the headstock? because that'd just be killer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:21 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: Hosono USA NOS Neck

With out mesurments I cant not say for sure, but I have many Kramers in my fleet, looks like a Kramer neck.
I have two that split long ways, there pretty prone to this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

heel measurements? it's a 2-3/16ths heel, and it fits the body i have for it that's built for a standard fender neck, there's no taper on the heel. Up at the nut I have an R2 mounted that fits perfectly width wise, but it overhangs the floyd shelf by abut 1/6th of an inch towards the headstock, but mounts flush to the fingerboard. it's a real schaller nut to OFR standards, did Kramer use an older style nut at some point that was "shorter" in this regard? or is a little overhang towards the headstock normal?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da5hcharl View Post
heel measurements? it's a 2-3/16ths heel, and it fits the body i have for it that's built for a standard fender neck, there's no taper on the heel. Up at the nut I have an R2 mounted that fits perfectly width wise, but it overhangs the floyd shelf by abut 1/6th of an inch towards the headstock, but mounts flush to the fingerboard. it's a real schaller nut to OFR standards, did Kramer use an older style nut at some point that was "shorter" in this regard? or is a little overhang towards the headstock normal?
Well with reguards to the nut width, I just checked my 89 F1000 and the nut is not as wide at the neck, and its OFR.
I also have a 87 Amererican Beretta, and its right on the money all around.
Now my F1000 Neck looks just leike yours 100%, the amererican beretta does not.
I have heard they checnged things up with there focas line, Hell I like to play the F1000 over the american.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

i own a super early focus 2000, (0000XX serial number) and those are great guitars, the nut is the exact width as the r2, the nut itself is taller, or longer then the shelf.

SO i have no gripe with focuses, I love em, but i'd love to nail down any particulars on this one.

And i really really want some sort of hosono decal.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

The headstock shape is one of my original design and wider than Gibson or Kramer headstock. It's looked like 25.5" 22 fret version. They should fit on stock Strat style guitar body. You got this from ePay? (well, I call them "ePay" because you get to pay and pay and pay. regardless of you are selling or buying) I'm sorry no decals left. Thank you very much for posting this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the information Tak!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Mr. Hosono,

Thank you very very much for responding and answering some key questions for me, I love the neck, and i did pay a fair price for it. I bought it was a gift for myself when i was working overseas to have something to look forward to coming home to!

The neck feels amazing and I can't wait to have it mounted! for all interested I will continue a build thread here or elsewhere of the final product.

I love the neck! thank you for making it! I will probably print your reply and keep it with the guitar!

I understand that there are no decals, and i am not after one to confuse anyone as to the fact that it is a parts guitar put together by me, i just wanted to represent the builder of this fine neck, I guess I'll just have to open my mouth and try to be humble
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 11:04 AM

Tak Hosono .... I have a NOS neck and body you made , never used I would like to know what type of binding I have to use on the body? thanks !
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Tak Hosono .... I have a beautiful NOS neck and body you made , never used I would like to know what type of binding I have to use on the body? post below I would keep it but the binding is a strange double stepped shape ,, ?? thanks

please look on craigslist Seattle , search Hosono to see the items , I cannot post link on here for some reason ...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Dear Sir, if your guitar body has 2 step binding channel then most likely for some type of multiple (3ply or 5ply) binding. I'm sorry but I can't tell without actually see your guitar.
What happened to the original binding?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 10:00 PM

seattle.craigslist
Hi Tak , above is where the guitar neck and body are I cannot put in the actual link as I have not been on the Jemsite long enough , but if you go to craigslist seattle and search Hosono you will see it ... , it has 2 step cutting , it is new never been used never had biding , I may keep it now but I need binding for it , thanks

Tags
hosono

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode