Ibanez JEM Forum banner
44K views 188 replies 54 participants last post by  GuitarAkuma 
#1 · (Edited)
lefties, I'm writing in to Ibanez to request for 7 string models; who's supporting?

-- to request for 'left handed 7 string electric guitar with tremolo' models--

The best I could do is link this topic in my mail to them, to show on all the people who's supporting this; hopefully to be read and given real consideration by Ibanez themselves. Hopefully, to reissue discontinued models or produce new models.

In saying that, which discontinued models you would like to see again, or you would like a newly produced model?

If the latter, how would the guitar be like? what kind of specs you would like to see, etc etc?

Let's hope and pray real hard to Jesus.

In the meantime, post away!

#27 ·
I think anyone who "gives in" and decides to play right handed is giving in to comercial discrimination, after all who Jimi Hendrix REALLY lpay a right handed guitar if her could have got a lefty to start with?

Rather than accepting this situation we should stand up for our right to be treated as an equal member of the human race not some sort of circus freaks, we are all human beings so why should we be treated so badly??

#28 ·
1. Playing left handed or doing anything left handed is a choice, a preference, we don't have to do it. It's easier to do and blah blah, but there is no physical restrictions stopping me from picking upa right handed guitar and playing that way. When you are being discriminated, it's over things that you cannot control, such as sex or race. I would love to see a lefty guitarist go up to Martin Luther King and say "Hey man, I know how you feel. Im discriminated against because im left handed, and Ibanez won't make me high end guitars. I feel your pain"

2. Jimi Hendrix was right handed, but playing left handed was easier for him, which just goes to show my point about it being preference.

#29 ·
Koss said:
1. Playing left handed or doing anything left handed is a choice, a preference, we don't have to do it. It's easier to do and blah blah, but there is no physical restrictions stopping me from picking upa right handed guitar and playing that way. When you are being discriminated, it's over things that you cannot control, such as sex or race. I would love to see a lefty guitarist go up to Martin Luther King and say "Hey man, I know how you feel. Im discriminated against because im left handed, and Ibanez won't make me high end guitars. I feel your pain"

2. Jimi Hendrix was right handed, but playing left handed was easier for him, which just goes to show my point about it being preference.
In my case is not that simple, back when I was little and my mother would give me a fork or a spoon to eat with I would naturally take it with my left hand and eat with it. When I started out in school the teachers thought it was a problem, so the vice-principal suggested that they tie up my left hand in order for me to learn to write in the "right" way. This was something they did back in the mid 1950'ies. My mother then told the vice-principal if they did that he have health problems very suddenly ;). I have tried to do things with my right hand but it simply doesn't work as well ;).

Regards

André

#30 ·
It's definately a "choice" but one made on the basis of how the body and brain work... my brain and arms work differently from righties. Thats factual, I didn't choose that. Therefore to "choose" a guitar with the same corresponding orientation as a rightie doesn't seem like I'm making a choice.

Anyway, this isn't the most productive way to go about contacting Ibanez, not whilst having to defend our "choice" to everyone else.

Anyone interested in banding together to push for an RG7321L or similar starting point feel free to send me a message. I've got a couple of ideas for things to include in correspondence to them.

#31 ·
Astrocreep said:
It's definately a "choice" but one made on the basis of how the body and brain work... my brain and arms work differently from righties. Thats factual, I didn't choose that. Therefore to "choose" a guitar with the same corresponding orientation as a rightie doesn't seem like I'm making a choice.
Exactly my point ;).

Regards

André

#32 ·
Take your guitar and flip it. fret the first fret with your index, and pluck the string with your other hand.

There you did it. Can you do it better if the guitar was flipped back over? yes. But the point is, you did it. If I undrstood you correctly, what you are referring to is force of habbit. you do everything the lefty or righty way because that's how your brain works. I agree that that's what happens with me too. Throw me a ball and i'll throw it back with my left hand, but it doesn't mean that I can't throw it with my right hand. Which is my point; no matter how much harder, or uncomfortable it is, you CAN still do it. which makes it not discrimination. Which is what im argueing.

#33 ·
Can we stop arguing please.

I don't think we'd get anywhere pushing a descrimination case so lets stop worrying about wether it is or isn't descrimination, nature, nurture or choice etc.

Lets instead try to productively gather a case for a potential loyal userbase and present it to a manufacturer and hope they see a commercial advantage to exploit.

#34 ·
Go ahead but im sure they already know that we're out there. It's not a completely radical idea, lefty guitars ya know? Im sure they have discussed it many times already. Try to find out how many 1570Ls they have sold. Because they probably look at the sales of their other lefty guitars when considering new ones.

#38 ·
Sales of 1570L's are abysmal, like all lefty sales.

Want a RG320QML [or any other single high end L]? Get 25 people together, paid in advance, and it would be ordered. I guarantee, you'll never do it. You will not find 25 people willing to buy 1 specific model in L, and pay for it.

To the rest, I have a preowned 3120TWL in stock. ;)

#41 ·
Any distributor can order, but they have to have a reason to. Get 25 PAID orders together [not promises, not "i wish i had the money", not I'd order one if they made it, PAID ORDERS!!] and they have a very good reason, they don't turn away guaranteed profit.

#42 ·
Rich said:
Get 25 people together, paid in advance, and it would be ordered. I guarantee, you'll never do it. You will not find 25 people willing to buy 1 specific model in L, and pay for it.

To the rest, I have a preowned 3120TWL in stock. ;)
The 3120 is gorgeous, but I'm after a 7!

I assume the order would have to be placed by one person? If what you've said is true (and I see no reason to doubt you!) then I guess that gets in the way of it happening.

Any idea what sort of price would be likely? Standard list price?

Also you said high end - does that mean something as simple and likely to sell reasonably easily as the rg7321 isn't likely to be possible?

#44 ·
Rich said:
It doesn't matter what you're after, because there's no way you'll get another 25 people not only after, but ready to buy with cash in hand. And bottom line, I'd be AMAZED if you could get 5.
Fair point, but if it can be done on that sort of scale then it might still be worth getting a bunch of people to all make requests for the same guitar to distributers in their countries.

#50 ·
I don't think we even have 25 left handed members here. If I had to guess, id say we had about 7-10 lefty members. So unless you have alot of lefty friends, you're outta luck. Unless you were willing to buy the difference and resell them, which im sure no one is willing to do.

#51 ·
Koss said:
I don't think we even have 25 left handed members here. If I had to guess, id say we had about 7-10 lefty members. So unless you have alot of lefty friends, you're outta luck. Unless you were willing to buy the difference and resell them, which im sure no one is willing to do.
Hence my suggested approach of pushing the distributers and large chains of shops rather than placing orders ourselves.

Outright negative comments are not helpful to anyone. If you can see a flaw and some way to improve chances then great, please point it out with a solution, on the other had if all you are doing is "me too"ing the people who have said it can't be done then what is the point?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.