Ibanez JEM Forum banner
44K views 188 replies 54 participants last post by  GuitarAkuma 
#1 · (Edited)
lefties, I'm writing in to Ibanez to request for 7 string models; who's supporting?

-- to request for 'left handed 7 string electric guitar with tremolo' models--

The best I could do is link this topic in my mail to them, to show on all the people who's supporting this; hopefully to be read and given real consideration by Ibanez themselves. Hopefully, to reissue discontinued models or produce new models.

In saying that, which discontinued models you would like to see again, or you would like a newly produced model?

If the latter, how would the guitar be like? what kind of specs you would like to see, etc etc?

Let's hope and pray real hard to Jesus.

In the meantime, post away!

#8 ·
It seems a little mean to be leaving the 100,000s of left handed playes from having a good range, after all you only have to mirror the CNC settings hardly brain surgery! I think lefties should be able to order ANY Ibanez left handed for only a SMALL fee, after all your not cripples so why should you be discriminated against if you have the cash and want to choose Ibanez??

#10 ·
GuitarAkuma said:
It seems a little mean to be leaving the 100,000s of left handed playes from having a good range, after all you only have to mirror the CNC settings hardly brain surgery! I think lefties should be able to order ANY Ibanez left handed for only a SMALL fee, after all your not cripples so why should you be discriminated against if you have the cash and want to choose Ibanez??
My words exactly :grin:.

Regards

André

#11 ·
As frustrating as it is - being a Lefty - I will say that it is a great moment when you find a really nice guitar. There are plenty of nice Lefty's out there to choose from, but if you are obsessed with a particular model (JEMs for example), then you are up a creek and will have to make your own paddle! I have 4 lefty Ibanez guitars (JEM555, 2 X RG570 and one 1570 Prestige), and I recently bought a 50th aniversary Strat, and a Custom Shop Les Paul. But for the higher end Super Strat style guitars I have turned to Jackson. Everything is available Left Handed! Plus the quality is second to none!
I support the letter to Ibanez for additional consideration to Left Handed players. I support that motion to any guitar manufacturer. Espacially for quality instruments.

#12 ·
in the meantime,

for lefties who're in support of this and have been waiting and waiting for ages to have an Ibanez 7 string left handed electric guitar with tremolo in your hands, could write in to Ibanez via e-mail or give them a call (for those in the States).

The proposal only grows stronger and only be given real hard consideration if they can see a significant amount of people that would be in this market for 7 string lefty model(s).

Otherwise, it would not be cost-efficient for mass-production.

number of people proposing = the strength of proposal

cheers!

#15 ·
Im afraid you wont get enough support to change ibanez' lefty lines from this board alone. You can count the number of left handred players on this board on two hands (which seems to be up from a month or two ago by some bit) and im afraid that wont be enough to make them even consider a change.

Oh, and yay for lefties :)

#16 ·
mmmm.......

** how else could we get support? ideas? **

of course the ultimate thing would to publish something like 'support for lefty ibanez 7 string electric guitar model(s)' at yahoo main page but i have no funds. not practical at all. just saying for the heck of it. lol

There are a lot of lefty guitarist around the world actually.

#17 ·
ninelives1980 said:
There are a lot of lefty guitarist around the world actually.
Well if you can get everyone of them to guarantee to ibanez that they will buy left handed guitars if they make them, then you could have a shot :wink:

I say to just suck it up and live with it. That's what i've done. I've given up on trying to "fight the power" if you will. Ibanez does have a good left handed guitar out, and thats the 1570L, I can't speak for any of the other left handed ibanez' cause I haven't played them. While the 1570L isn't for everyone, and it's only a 6, it's pretty much all Ibanez will give us at this time. If you want a lefty 7, you need to go to another company or make a custom like so much of us have done (me included, and I swear to god if they unveil a left handed 7 string with a trem at winter NAMM, heads will roll...)

#98 ·
I know I'm new, but this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. I play the way I play & I shouldn't be forced to learn another way because the powers that be are not willing to put out a run of guitars for lefties. Most other companies at least put out a short run of all the different models.

#21 ·
Koss said:
Acturally it's not discrimination. Any left handed person is capable of playing right handed. It might be harder, but physically we can do it. You need to think of left handed as being an option on a guitar, like pickup configuration, or fretboards.
There are dangers in converting yourself to play right handed. Well, maybe not when it comes to guitar playing but a friens mind forces himself to right with his right hand even though he was a lefty. That pretty much messed up his coordination.

Regards

André

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.