I miss the Voyager (sort of)! - Page 2 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:20 AM

Re: I miss the Voyager (sort of)!

Wow, that is so awesome. I love the neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
Do you have any contact info on these luthiers
I need to warn you, I spent almost a year wathcing their backs 2 or 3 times a week, spending 4,5 even 6 hours in the shop to get things done in time and according to my specs. So, I woulndt recomend buying from another country or even city. They can deliver the goods but you NEED to be there.

Every tiny little thing you see in the custom PGM and custom RBM was handpicked by me, the woods, the design of the neck, the inlays, the top, the kind of sunburst, etc, etc.

They did 2 necks because the 1rst one was flawed. They did the sunburst several times until they got the way I want, etc, etc. I mean, they can do pretty amazing instruments, but their quality is not very consistent.

Any good luthier can build you a neck like that, you just need to know exactly what to ask for. I ll go with a local unless you want to do an extremely expensive work. In that case, there is an argentian Luthier (the one that made the custom JPM, that has a more consistent quality).
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.WizardNeck
I miss Star Trek Voyager
I don't .

Regards

André

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 11:18 AM

Reviews: 1

I'm not the only one
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGod View Post
I'm not the only one

Regards

André

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB View Post
Here is my baby:

How can you possibly not love the shape of that guitar? The rounded edges are the perfect final touch in that awesome design.

The RBM2 was the best Ibanez had to offer at the time IMHO.
Oh man, that is so much more beautiful up close, nice pics and beautiful RBM custom. Nice work, RCB.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
RCB

Thanks. That RBM1 was my first good guitar. I remember that I was incredibly happy when my parents got me my previus guitar (the first I got with a licensed Floyd Rose) which was Hyundai. It was a piece of crap, but at the moment I was SO incredibly happy.... until I saw the add of the RBM2 in guitarworld. I loved it SO much that I hated Ibanez for making such a beatutifull guitar, I just fell in love with it. (if someone has a good pic of that add, please send it to me).

A year or later.... I ve been saving for an RG570, when I finally got the money and went for it, the local importer had an RBM1BK on display. There was no other guitar for me, I had to own it. Again, my parents (for the last time) bought me the guitar (I was 500USD short of the RBM1). I felt the luckiest guy on the planet... again.

Even though the guitar was kept in its original shape for nearly 12 years, and eventually I bought and sold several similar or better guitars, I could never part with it. I think its the only guitar owned for more than a couple of years without ever getting published in the classifieds.

There was a point when I really wouldn't play that guitar anymore because it wasn't appealing anymore compared to my other axes, so I decided to make it my favourite again. I had some very interesting guitars at the time so it wasnt going to be easy (jem 10th, UVMC, PGM Custom, Pacifica 1412 among others).

The neck was done twice, literally. The first 3 piece (katalox, maple, katalox with stone inlays) custom neck didn't look or feel good enough, so the new one (5 piece, katalox, maple, katalox, maple, katalox with cocobolo headstock and maple inlays) was done. The sunburst (particularly the front) was done SEVERAL times until they got it just the way I wanted. I spent countless hours with the Luthier (we became good friends) working on this guitar.

The result: This is my favourite guitar. It is by far the best sounding guitar I ever had. The weird pup combo I had on it works amazingly good (Di Marzio Megadrive, Fender, Seymour Duncan Hot Rails).

So I love it for many reasons, it was my first good guitar, its been with me longer than any other guitar, it was a gift from my parents, and I think its the best looking and sounding guitar I ve ever played. Therefore, it is by far the less likely to be sold in the future.

She has been with me for 14 years now. Even though I had and still have several affairs with other guitars, I m married to this one

Last edited by RCB; 08-07-2006 at 02:29 PM.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobanez View Post
Oh man, that is so much more beautiful up close, nice pics and beautiful RBM custom. Nice work, RCB.
So nice and shiny .

Regards

André

Tags
custom jpm , custom rbm , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , duncan hot rails , floyd rose , seymour duncan , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode