i saw RED! - i love red, more red - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
i saw RED! - i love red, more red

as the topic state, I love the color red, but it's harder and harder to find a true red Ibanez. *Aside from a RG170, they're pretty rare. *And no, Magenta, Vampire's Kiss or Maroon Fudge are not enough. *I want true flaming bright red on an upper level RG. *I know this seems simple, but Ibanez is the only brand I can think of that doesn't do Red. *Even Jackson does a red (even though it's a little drab). *Please give it a shot guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 03:19 PM

i saw RED!

What about the rg3120?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
i saw RED!

as beautiful as the 3120 is in Tranparent red, I was just thinking of a flat lacquered red. *You know, like Ferrari Red?! *Perfect lusterous solid red. *I don't know why, but that's one thing I always liked about Stratocasters, you could get that one perfect red with the white pickguard and maple fretboard. *Now if only I could get a guitar with a Fender's color scheme, but with the playability and design features of an Ibanez RG or JEM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 07:31 PM

i saw RED!

I like bright reds as well. *Fender's Fiesta Red is a personal favorite, as I agree, dark reds just don't match my personality. *I like the brightest red you can get.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
i saw RED!

yep another vote for "red" :biggrin: I personally like "inferno red" the one that used to be available on the JS1
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

i saw RED!

In fact I like it soooooooo much I just picked up a s/h RG770DX in candy apple red
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 05:21 PM

i saw RED!

I too would like to see more red. A bright red rg550 with maple fretboard and mirrored pickguard. As a side note, Ibanez' reluctance to issue guitars in decent colors is really beginning to bug me. I have bought nearly a dozen ibanez rg guitars this past year ranging from a rg350dx, rg470, 550's, 570's (many) and several rg7620. However I only bought 2 of these guitars new. The others were used. Cost was not the issue. Color selection was. I mean c'mon. Sour apple sparkle, magenta crush, black pearl, titanium ice, new penny, metallic grape!!!!!! These colors are beyond gross and what's worse is that they are the only colors on some models. I personally would like to buy some rg7420's. I don't care that it has the lotrs. I block the trem anyway, I just like the double locking feature so that I don't have to retune after every other song. But I am limited to black pearl and magenta crush. EXPAND the color line!!!! Make a white one and I'll buy 2. If ibanez has deemed there is a sizable market for these gross colors, fine. But some basic colors (red, white, blue etc...) should also be available. *Thoughts...?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 10:54 PM

i saw RED!

White is easily my favorite color on a guitar.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 08:24 AM

i saw RED!

RED!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE US RED AXES!!!!!!

I like red guitars too

Alden
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 08:02 PM

i saw RED!

I love the 3120 TW, long may the tone zone ring!! The red 3120 is beautiful. I'm thinking bookends here.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 12:00 PM

i saw RED!

I love the Transparent Red on JS 100 !!!!!!!!!

Tags
candy apple red , maple fret , maple fretboard , mirrored pickguard , tone zone , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode