Ibanez.com - Customer Support - Page 4 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 11:49 PM

Ibanez.com

I agree everyone chill-out.

Is this forum not for people who kinda like Ibanez guitars?:biggrin:

I'm not trying to contribute to this fight but I just though I'd mention for future reference brake fluid doesn't contain anything that would strip the paint anymore and hasen't for a long time.
I am a car mechanic and have re-sprayed many cars. By the sounds of things the reaction thing probably did happen at the factory but who knows.
I have seen it happen so many times. Someone comes along and touches the panel your going to spray and leaves a greasy paw print. When you paint it this area reacts and has to be totally refinished. This probably has nothing to do with guitars so leave me out of the fight:sarcasm:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 12:34 AM
Vendor

Ibanez.com

Cool, you're probably right, my point was that we just don't know. I've done alot of body shop service work over the last 12 years and I've seen it all too. *We, online, have to depend on sometimes vague descriptions from some that may be much less experienced at providing them. Sometimes it's just a case of a mountain made out of a molehill, and sometimes it actually is something of concern.

The biggest question is why you just didn't return the guitar? We as consumers also have a responsibility to make sure we are satisfied with our purchases in the alloted 'return period'. Here in the US if you're a day late from your 14/30 day return period the answer is always the same "Sorry, you're a day late". I sure don't presume to know the laws in every country, but if I'm buying ANYTHING that costs me a few bucks, I'm inspecting it with a fine tooth comb before the cash comes out of my pocket. Even in the US most music stores have a return for store credit only policy, so you're either sure, or you're sorry.
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 12:41 AM

Ibanez.com

I did try to return the guitar but they would not take it back. I argued with them for ages and got absolutely nowhere apart from kicked out of the shop. The store I bought the RG from I would never ever even buy a pick from them again.
I used to get all my gear from there but it was taken over 8 months ago and it has gone down hill fast, All they care about is profit.
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 12:48 AM
Vendor

Ibanez.com

How long after you bought it did you try and return it? Too late now but I wonder what your laws are that govern this. In the US they'd be dragged into small claims court within 2 weeks.
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 12:51 AM

Ibanez.com

RG550- You should have asked any of the regulars here; they'll tell ya that buying from Ed Roman means nothing but hassles.
:biggrin:
With some "blokes" over on that side of the "pond", we should be able to find you a "shagadelic" store for all your Ibanez needs.

Jono? *Pablo? *Ripley? *Can you help a brother out?
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 01:06 AM

Ibanez.com

I bought it on the Saturday, they were closed on the Sunday and I tried to return it on the Monday.

Small claims court would have been too much hassle. I am a poor student and dont have the resources too do things like that.

But anyway you learn from your mistakes and I certainly have. :biggrin:
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 01:11 AM
Vendor

Ibanez.com

Not knowing the UK, in the US (most states) it costs $15 to file in small claims, and that must be reimbursed by the sued party when they loose. Sounds to me like you could have taken care of the problem at the time, and failure to do so on your part puts you as much at fault.
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 01:15 AM

Ibanez.com

Your probably right.
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 12:47 PM

Ibanez.com

Does it seem like this thread has kinda gone off-topic?

BTW does anyone have a list of Ibanez "authorized dealers" outside the US (besides Japan)?
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Ibanez.com

Quote:
Quote: from Kevan on 6:51 pm on Feb. 25, 2001
RG550- You should have asked any of the regulars here; they'll tell ya that buying from Ed Roman means nothing but hassles.
:biggrin:
With some "blokes" over on that side of the "pond", we should be able to find you a "shagadelic" store for all your Ibanez needs.

Jono? *Pablo? *Ripley? *Can you help a brother out?
YEAH BABY

I know I can find a "groovy" store in RG 550's area

RG 550 - get in touch with me at [email protected] if you want any help

I won't bite ... hard :biggrin: Shall we shred now or shall we shred later?
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Re: Ibanez.com - Customer Support

its Hoshino USA in Bensalem, PA and the number is 215-638-8670. just select the company directory option and it will eventually say "for Ibanez Guitars, press "whatever number" - cant remember...but thats the phone number for sure!
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dth3r4py View Post
its Hoshino USA in Bensalem, PA and the number is 215-638-8670. just select the company directory option and it will eventually say "for Ibanez Guitars, press "whatever number" - cant remember...but thats the phone number for sure!
I'm sure if anybody is still looking from 9 years ago that will be most helpful
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM

im sure people see this thread all the time (even if they havent responded to it). its one of the first pages listed when you google "ibanez contact phone number" and ibanez does NOT make their number easy to find...
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez.com

But now that it's resurected, give Glen the candy bar for hitting the solution right on the head. This is the way ibanez.com was transformed into the multi country site it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
also, common sense would immediately have me make ibanez.com a GENERIC worldwide homepage, not the page for Hoshino USA. The current ibanez.com can be put on a subdomain after the person selects what country they are from.

See examples at any global companies website

For example, Hoshino USA (ibanez.com currently) would be a click-thru link off ibanez.com's main 'worldwide' site.

USA *---> usa.ibanez.com (or ibanez.com/usa)
South America --> sa.ibanez.com (or ibanez.com/sa)
Europe
Japan
etc

this is business 101 weeek 2.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dth3r4py View Post
im sure people see this thread all the time (even if they havent responded to it). its one of the first pages listed when you google "ibanez contact phone number" and ibanez does NOT make their number easy to find...
Evidently 411 never crossed their minds?

Tags
hoshino usa , ibanez guitars , maple fingerboard , music store , pointy headstock , seymour duncan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode