Ibanez design improvements - Page 2 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Re: Ibanez design improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
What's up with your bloody condescending tone?
what's wrong in my bloody condescending tone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chone View Post
Oh I'd agree with that. I just thought it was unfair for Drow to compare carvin to ibanez like that.
I can't find the paragraph that an Ibanez Representee wrote, but he made it seem like left handed guitars suddently cost TONS more to produce than a standard right handed guitar - there wasn't much (if anything) mentioning the fact that they'd be mass produced and they'd have to guesstimate on how many to build and whatnot. This leads me to think that this isn't the problem. Take a look at the old K7 - that sold horribly and they kept it going for a nice number of years, but did they actually LOSE money on it? To be honest I don't know but I bet they made some kind (even if not a lot) of profit.

As Dee said though, MTO left handed guitars would be the ideal solution - as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for the service.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
what's wrong in my bloody condescending tone?
Ibanez is releasing an 8-string and you're pissing and moaning about deeper cutaways and a backside scoop. That's what's wrong.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Dee

What I feel is wrong is they pour money into developing 8-string guitars for a market that's almost non-existent while blatantly ignoring (or at least, not paying anywhere near enough attention to) issues that are more important, such as finish options, choice of fretboard wood, left-hand models, locking trem posts, and all the other complaints people have nowadays about their guitars.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Ibanez is releasing an 8-string and you're pissing and moaning about deeper cutaways and a backside scoop. That's what's wrong.
what the 8-string has to do with backside scoops!?! what are you talking about? i just said "forget about a less-extended horns RG design"... can you read?
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
what the 8-string has to do with backside scoops!?! what are you talking about? i just said "forget about a less-extended horns RG design"... can you read?
Don't turn this into a mudslinging contest. What I am saying is that if they're making 8-strings, more ergonomical features on the RG doesn't seem too far off. Now, go connect the dots. Plus, I'd much rather hear an uttering from an Ibanez representative than from you, allright? So be quiet unless you've got something on-topic, i.e. design improvements.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Plus, I'd much rather hear an uttering from an Ibanez representative than from you, allright?
then ask him.
what i said is that you must forget about any alterations of the RG shape. i'm talking about the "external" line, you got it? backside cutaways may be added, of course, as they've done on some RGAs IIRC, but those don't alter the RG shape. go connect the dots now.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

You're in the Comments to Ibanez section.

Leave the attitude at the door thanks gentlemen.

P.S. NOT a "request" guys!!!
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
As Dee said though, MTO left handed guitars would be the ideal solution - as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for the service.
It could be really sweet if Ibanez were to pick up on that idea just for a few high-end models and rotate it on a yearly basis maybe .

Regards

André

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
You're saying DESIGN improvements, yeah? I want a more drastic lower horn cutaway, and less extension on the horn as well (lower, that is). Possibly a little scoop-out on the horn on the body side to keep the wrist from bumping in (Yeah yeah, whatever, the Cooley-cutaway).
I stand FIRM on the first one.
See my Infinity design.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Ibanez design improvements

I am the original owner of an 88 floral, purchased in 89. When I first bought it I didn't know much about the Floyd. Sometime in 1990/91, during a massive rainstorm, I was in a huge argument with my girlfriend. She stormed out of the house, after leaving a few well placed f u's and go die, for me to reflect upon. I was so angry that I grabbed my fp and hurled it off my back deck. It landed headstock in the ground, before flopping over in the mud. Ten minutes of b****ing had gone by, when I realized what I done. I ran out grabbed the mud covered guitar, rinsed it under the shower to clean it off, wiped it down, and let it dry out for three days. When I picked it up again it was in tune. I have never felt about another guitar like I feel about this one, and I own several jems. None of the Jems I ever played have come close to matching this one and I always wondered why the production of these guitars has deteriorated over the years. I own the jem 20 and it sounds better sonically, but is heavy as hell, and if I ding it up I'll freak, so I don't play it much. I will admit to owning older jems (vbk-vdy-rb-bfp), and the newer ones do have better pickup output, but for me the original fp is unreal. It stays in tune like no other, and needs very little fine tuning. Now I don't know if this was just a perfect moment for me or what, but I wish they built them like they used to. There seems to be a certain magic missing, although it might be my youthful enthusiasm, I don't know. Sorry to be so long winded...
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 10:33 PM

I can vouch for such claims as the ones above this post.

I am strongly against owning signature models... not sure why, but unless the guitar has my name on it, I don't want to play a signature model.

Anyway, I played a few different jems, one being the original FP. The FP was definitely a lot better in all aspects. The tone was much better than the other jems, the playability felt more natural, etc.

I'm not saying I want this guitar to be reproduced (although I think it would be a good idea) because I wouldn't buy it... but I think it was a good move by Ibanez to produce it in the first place and I'd like to see something from them of the same quality sometime in the near future.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Just seen a leaked picture of a new JS1600 in PSV finish. I'd just like to say that the issue of a silver JS guitar that mimics the chromeboy but should be very robust is an excellent design improvement in my book. Would have liked to have seen a matching (or even black) headstock, but this is a real step in the right direction. Well done Ibanez and Joe. I'm still not going to trade in my JS6 for it though! Sorry, but that's your fault for not matching the headstock
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Talking Re: Ibanez design improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
+1!!

And again, I have to admit - for all of the fussy arguments Ibanez has made that lefties are "expensive to produce" on a broad range, somehow Carvin USA guitars manage to feature that option with ZERO charge and can be had for right around the Prestige price range?

I'm right handed but I definitely feel it for the lefties out there.
I'm lefty playing lefty and I think the number of choices from Ibanez is actually optimal.

I know recently lefties Ss are dropped, but I believe they are coming back soon, still what happened recently in the S series. and Edge Zero lefties RG as well, in due time.

Variations would be nice though.

And, actually, they do. Just don't announce it though, in the catalogue (what's the point if it's not 'mainstream').

Just look, and if you *do really* need a superb quality lefty Ibanez of choice, it is out there somewhere, waiting, just for you. ;
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM

Carvin doesn't make all thier models lefthanded (though they are better than ibanez they are a custom order company)

Sure Ibanez needs to improve thier lefty line up. Lefty 7 string is a must. They should atleast make the prestige line have left hand counterparts.

Tags
bridge saddles , carvin guitars , custom guitar , custom ibanez , edge pro bridge , edge zero , fretboard wood , ibanez guitars , left handed guitar , locking stud , locking studs , neck pickup , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode