Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !! - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 323 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !!

Look guys,
I appreciate you have an R&D team and a board of execs who all have to be pleased. But PLEASE start and consider your customers feelings. If it is true and you do have people who often visit this site then I'm sure you're already aware that many of us are having our loyalties challenged by the monotany of your line up.
We not asking for you to spend lots of mony on new shape designs etc (far from it we love the RG and RG7) We just want you to start to actualy listen to us and liven up your range a bit.
You know how movie producers test out their new films on audiences before they make any solid decsitions, well you have the perfect oppertunity to do that with this very website.
Had a bit of trouble shifting those RG's with the blue cubed paint finish? Well you could of asked us what we thought of them before you released it.
It's just such a shame that a company once known for being at the fore front of rock guitar is now better known for consistantly producing the blandest catalogue of guitars. Having four different types of black is not something to be proud of.
Please start listening to us, we've stuck with you for years and years but if you continue to produce dull guitars we can't be blamed when things start to fade.

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 323 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:08 PM

Re: Ibanez, if you only read one thread here make it this one !!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
......and while you're at it make a REAL Destroyer, I will send you pics of mine if you forgot what they look like. No more of this bolt on, Korean, mini-bodied abortions.
post #3 of 323 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
......and while you're at it make a REAL Destroyer, I will send you pics of mine if you forgot what they look like. No more of this bolt on, Korean, mini-bodied abortions.
Jesus be damned you gave me the stupidest idea ever. I want a Star Destroyer Guitar!
post #4 of 323 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahah!!!

Yeah those old Destroyers looked so great!
post #5 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Ibanez V.I.P.

Yes Sir, I've got it. Thank you very much for your kind support. Best Regards,
post #6 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 04:01 PM

yea Ben, you said it mate !
I for one, fall asleep in the toilet while reading the ibanez 2006 catalogue, while having said that I dont like the feel of any other guitar - I just lust after the looks...

why do you think the project guitar market is booming - its cos Ibanez make great playing but bloody boring looking guitars !

Go Eggy !
post #7 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 05:05 PM

Sounds like a great idea to me...I mean who better to ask opinions about Ibanez future-models than the consumers who know Ibanez well? I'd love to see some protype model designs come through here
post #8 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
Look guys,
I appreciate you have an R&D team and a board of execs who all have to be pleased. But PLEASE start and consider your customers feelings. If it is true and you do have people who often visit this site then I'm sure you're already aware that many of us are having our loyalties challenged by the monotany of your line up.
We not asking for you to spend lots of mony on new shape designs etc (far from it we love the RG and RG7) We just want you to start to actualy listen to us and liven up your range a bit.
You know how movie producers test out their new films on audiences before they make any solid decsitions, well you have the perfect oppertunity to do that with this very website.
Had a bit of trouble shifting those RG's with the blue cubed paint finish? Well you could of asked us what we thought of them before you released it.
It's just such a shame that a company once known for being at the fore front of rock guitar is now better known for consistantly producing the blandest catalogue of guitars. Having four different types of black is not something to be proud of.
Please start listening to us, we've stuck with you for years and years but if you continue to produce dull guitars we can't be blamed when things start to fade.

Ben
Well said, Ben. I wholeheartedly agree and I'm sure plenty of people are sick of me complaining about the lack of colours on here and the Ibanez forum. I just feel strongly about it, and I'm sorry, but watching my favourite guitar maker gradually slip down the toilet bothers me. All I want is a Five Alarm Red RG, and not something at the lower end of the price range, which is where Ibanez seem to do their "testing" these days. I'd love to see an RG565 equivalent in some good, vibrant colours, and with a choice of maple of rosewood fingerboard. Reverse headstock is a must -- they will sell, trust me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono View Post
I love Tak's politeness! Thanks for listening, Mr. Hosono, it's great to know you care about your customers.
post #9 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Mr. Hosono.... thanks for being the lone "ear", and what appears as the only "life line" we have to get the attention of Ibanez management and the Hoshino Gakki Group. I'm sure you realize we are a loyal bunch. One other thing.... we Ibanez JEM owners would appreciate any effort to help stop the counterfeit guitars being manufactured using your banner. We have made "grass roots" efforts, but need your corporate help in stopping this illegal activity. Again, thanks for taking your time to listen.
post #10 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 PM

AND MORE 7 STRINGS please.... And the Universe is wayyyyyy overdue for a make over..
post #11 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Mr Hosono,
It is people such as yourself that keep my faith in Ibanez guitars.
Thank you for your patients with my tantrums and thank you for your reply.

Best Wishes From all at Jemsite,

Ben
post #12 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:26 PM

Reviews: 26

that is soe cool...
post #13 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
AND MORE 7 STRINGS please.... And the Universe is wayyyyyy overdue for a make over..
+1

Regards

André

post #14 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:53 PM

well, the universe to me doesn't need a makeover, i just got into ibanez recently compared to you guys. the uv is my first ibanez!
post #15 of 323 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:13 PM

If anything Ibanez; Just more colours!

Tags
air norton , alex skolnick , allen wrench , basswood body , candy apple red , chrome vine , custom exotic wood , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave mustaine , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge bridge , edge intonation tool , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret inlay , fret neck , gotoh tuners , guitar tech , heel neck , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez custom shop , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pickups , ibanez trem , intonation tool , jack socket , jeff beck , jim donahue , joe satriani , lock nut , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , maple necks , neck joint , neck pockets , neck tenon , neck thru , offset dot inlays , paf pro , paul gilbert , pickup selector switch , piezo bridge , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro edge , pro edge bridge , pro tremolo , production model , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , road flare red , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rusty cooley , rusty cooley dean , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , signature guitar , sperzel tuners , string guitars , string tension , sunburst finish , super distortion , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tremolo bridge , tremolo system , tube amp , usa custom exotic wood , usa custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode