Ibanez PGMs - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Ibanez PGMs

Dear Ibanez, I know that you got flooded with emails telling you to make a PGM Fireman, and you did. But the only problem is that its $9000. Most of us don't have $9000 to spend on a guitar. Which is why I BEG of you to make an affordable Fireman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also you have come out with 2 PGM re-issues this year, why not just come out with new ones? I know that most of the people buy Ibanes guitars would buy an orange PGM like Paul has. You would probably sell TONS OF 'EM!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM

Re: Ibanez PGMs

+1000000

$9000 for a PGM???

what are you thinking, Ibanez???
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Vendor

I've sold 5 of them so far so I know exactly what Ibanez is thinking. It's the same thing I am.

CHA CHING!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFreshwater View Post
Dear Ibanez, I know that you got flooded with emails telling you to make a PGM Fireman, and you did. But the only problem is that its $9000. Most of us don't have $9000 to spend on a guitar. Which is why I BEG of you to make an affordable Fireman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also you have come out with 2 PGM re-issues this year, why not just come out with new ones? I know that most of the people buy Ibanes guitars would buy an orange PGM like Paul has. You would probably sell TONS OF 'EM!!!
I would love it if Ibanez would make that Orange PGM. I'd buy even with the wider neck which I don't like. Same goes for the more rare PGMs like the 200, 500, and 800. Especially the 200.

Ibanezrules has the fireman much cheaper than 9k. Still expensive, but it's a limited run so I can understand.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I've sold 5 of them so far so I know exactly what Ibanez is thinking. It's the same thing I am.

CHA CHING!

unfortunately, not all we are millionaries

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Vendor

I was very very far from having money when I started buying guitars, and I spent more on certain guitars than I've sold FRM's for. It's all about priorities
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 02:31 PM

Reviews: 2

Ok, I'd love to have a PGM Fireman, but even if I had that much money to blow on whatever I want I'd rather get 2 Custom Rans, both of which would probably on par or above the Fireman in terms of playability, not to mention you could probably get a Fireman built by Ran for half the price.

I always thought Ibanez's motto was something along the lines of "Awesomely good guitars at a decent price" but I guess I'm wrong.
When I first heard of the guitar's price tag my respect for Ibanez died just a little. Ibanez isn't Gibson.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Muffin View Post
Ibanez isn't Gibson.
Thank GOD!!!

You don't necessarily get a BETTER guitar for more money - sometimes you just get a different one. Personally I think Gibsons are also overpriced for what you get. The Fireman is a special-interest guitar and they can charge whatever they can get. Ibanez still offers tons of quality guitars at every price point. Don't hate them because of a few collectors-only releases.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post

CHA CHING!

<raises hand> Guilty. I bought one from Rich.

If anything, I wanna know if Ibanez will take pity on us who cried and weeped and screamed that the PGM300 won and make the 2nd (PGM200) and 3rd (PGM800) place winners and make those as well. Bloody hell on a stick, someone still needs to explain how the @#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%in' PGM300 won that contest!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jack Secret; 09-02-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Had to rant about the PGM300 winning. LOL
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
Bloody hell on a stick, someone still needs to explain how the @#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%in' PGM300 won that contest!!!!!!!!!!
probably 'cause people like me voted for the %*#!@ PGM300.

If either the 90th or 10th had been trem equipped those would've had my vote.
The 300 combines simple features that work: PAFpros, LoPro, reverse headstock, maple. In fact had I come across one, back in the day when I bought my first Jem, I might not have been a Jem player at all.

The Fireman is nice and goofy in a Pablo sort of way, but I would never want to own one, not even at 900$. I'm not falling for the Korina hype and if I wanted an Iceman, I'd go hunt for an ICJWZ.

$9000! That's a Jem10th AND a Jem20th, or three J-Customs, or four Jem90s...
You could probably get a nice DNA and a player condition DNA for that kind of money too.

I don't have 9k to spare, but even if I did, for 9k I would want a gold plated George Benson, oh wait...Ibanez are already selling one
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
probably 'cause people like me voted for the %*#!@ PGM300.

If either the 90th or 10th had been trem equipped those would've had my vote.
The 300 combines simple features that work: PAFpros, LoPro, reverse headstock, maple. In fact had I come across one, back in the day when I bought my first Jem, I might not have been a Jem player at all.

The Fireman is nice and goofy in a Pablo sort of way, but I would never want to own one, not even at 900$. I'm not falling for the Korina hype and if I wanted an Iceman, I'd go hunt for an ICJWZ.

$9000! That's a Jem10th AND a Jem20th, or three J-Customs, or four Jem90s...
You could probably get a nice DNA and a player condition DNA for that kind of money too.

I don't have 9k to spare, but even if I did, for 9k I would want a gold plated George Benson, oh wait...Ibanez are already selling one
Then to you sir I say grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................... ...

The fact that the majority of PGM's are hard tailed is the attraction, almost every Ibanez guitar has a double locking trem..........

The 800, 400 or 500 are the pick I reckon - but hey, I guess the majority has spoken...... no use crying over it now!

And Jack, mega jealous..... the 401 and the FRM!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh... Must be heaven at your place!
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 AM

the way i see it, the fireman is $9000 because it's a freaken collectors item, bedroom shredders aren't supposed to have one. they're a small part of ibanez history or something.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 10:07 PM

Agreed. It's not like they're making an RG550 cost $9k. It's special interest. Keep it in perspective. You want to collect Ferraris? You gotta pony up. Want to collect Chevys? Not so much.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePGFan View Post
Then to you sir I say grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................... ...

The fact that the majority of PGM's are hard tailed is the attraction, almost every Ibanez guitar has a double locking trem..........
There are/were just too many signatures with hardtails:

Jem (Tight End)
JS: two different fixed bridges (EdgeFX and ashtray JS6)
PGM: too many models to name
MBM (gibraltar)
APEX2 (at least they kept the APEX1)
NDM, MTM, ORM, plus all the Jazz models.

I dunno what you are complaining about.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 06:43 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
There are/were just too many signatures with hardtails:

Jem (Tight End)
JS: two different fixed bridges (EdgeFX and ashtray JS6)
PGM: too many models to name
MBM (gibraltar)
APEX2 (at least they kept the APEX1)
NDM, MTM, ORM, plus all the Jazz models.

I dunno what you are complaining about.
OK, OK.... fair play........ I guess there are a few about

I'm just annoyed that the one I wanted didn't win! I really could have done with a PGM 800!!!

Tags
fireman , ibanez , paul gilbert , pgm , racer x

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode