ibanez, please build us lefties a 8 string electric guitar with tremolo!!! - Page 2 - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:39 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: ibanez, please build us lefties a 8 string electric guitar with tremolo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono
The Ibanez custom shop has been making 8 string guitars for past 4 years or so. The bolt on neck version of 8 string guitars are will be on display at 2006 NAMM. Thank you very much for your support on our products.
OMG! Custom shop manager, that's got to be an awesome job. Anyway, if there is a market for 7 strings, I think there is for 8 strings. Anybody who can put 7 strings to use knows that another string never hurts and I think 90% of 7 string players would agree that they would buy an 8 string Ibanez if one were to go into production. An 8 string RG mass produced......one day.......hopefully soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 12:04 AM

Question Re: ibanez, please build us lefties a 8 string electric guitar with tremolo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninelives1980
one that is low tuned -> E A E A D G B E

Wouldnt G B E A D G B E make more sense if one were to be produced though?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 12:27 AM

Hell, at least Michael Angelo Batio would buy that lefty.

http://www.angelfire.com/goth2/blackdiamonds/quad2.jpg
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak Hosono
The Ibanez custom shop has been making 8 string guitars for past 4 years or so. The bolt on neck version of 8 string guitars are will be on display at 2006 NAMM. Thank you very much for your support on our products.
And whilst that's great I doubt there will be the lefty that's been requested?

A lefty Seven string would be nice too.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionx72
Wouldnt G B E A D G B E make more sense if one were to be produced though?
Why would it make more sense than any other tuning? Tunings making sense is dependant on what you want to do with the instrument. For open chord stuff I suppose G-B-E-A-D-G-B-E would make sense but the tuning it comes in doesn't really matter, tunings can always be changed.

I've just seen Rusty Cooley's 8 string RG, seems Ibanez is sticking to a 30" scale which makes sense. Shame about the inlay and headstock imo, Meshuggah's thru-neck 8s with a neck pickup would be cool to see as a production model I think.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Shank
Why would it make more sense than any other tuning? Tunings making sense is dependant on what you want to do with the instrument. For open chord stuff I suppose G-B-E-A-D-G-B-E would make sense but the tuning it comes in doesn't really matter, tunings can always be changed.

I've just seen Rusty Cooley's 8 string RG, seems Ibanez is sticking to a 30" scale which makes sense. Shame about the inlay and headstock imo, Meshuggah's thru-neck 8s with a neck pickup would be cool to see as a production model I think.
I don't care what tuning they use as long as they make a lefty version .

Regards

André

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 08:03 PM

The tuning wish makes no sense... You can tune a guitar however YOU want when you get it. 4th with the 3rd for B is standards, so it would be tuned F#BEADGBE...Makes sense.
As for the Trem wish...honestly you will be waiting till the right handers get a trem on a production model before lefties get one... a main stream companie that is, i'm not talking about Halo.
Just get a cusom, because you will be waiting longer for that that for a custom to get built.

Rondo/Agile are working on and 8 String standard model that i think is going to be around 650US, which has got many of the ERG guys at SS.org drooling, why not talk to Rondo music and ask em if they can do you a quote for a leftie 8stringer... who know's in 18 months it may become a reality, but id ask them, well priced and descent quality.

Tags
angelo batio , custom shop , ibanez custom shop , michael angelo batio , neck pickup , production model , rusty cooley , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode