Ibanez Re-issue Department? - Jemsite
Comments to Ibanez Here is your chance to post your comments to Ibanez. Officially this topic is NOT endorsed, approved or monitored by Ibanez/Hoshino. That said, voice your opinion anyway. Please be courteous.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Re-issue Department?

I was just thinking...

What would stop Ibanez from having a section of their company dedicated to building re-issues of older models? At the end of the day, it can't be that much more hassle to make the re-issues or else we wouldn't of seen the RG550 anniversarys.

This isn't your normal "We want neon colours and maple boards!" thread, I just don't see why Ibanez wouldn't just say "Ok, we'll do it, but it'll cost you £****"

Does anybody get me here?

If people cough up the dough, great. If not, what have they lost so long as they're made to order? I'm not talking about bringing every line since the 80's back, but to be able to order the popular models like the DYs and the PBKs, etc. I would imagine would make them a lot of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Re: Ibanez Re-issue Department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
...the popular models like the DYs and the PBKs, etc.
are you purposely considering JEMs only? if it comes to reissues, i'd rather to see the "different" models, like the Radius, the Power and so on.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 AM

Reviews: 18

I believe this has been discussed in many different ways, check the threads. By the way, It's wouldn't have, not "wouldn't of". For someone who lives in England, you should have impeccable grammar skills.

Jimmy
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
are you purposely considering JEMs only? if it comes to reissues, i'd rather to see the "different" models, like the Radius, the Power and so on.
No way! All of the ones you mentioned too, I thought that went without saying.

Jimmy, time spent pointing out grammar issues is time spent away from doing something productive
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: Ibanez Re-issue Department?

Quote:
No way! All of the ones you mentioned too, I thought that went without saying.

Jimmy, time spent pointing out grammar issues is time spent away from doing something productive
You're absolutely correct, and I can tell that by the number of posts you've had since you joined this site, LOL

Jimmy
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Being on Jemsite whilst being at work IS productive, trust me
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Being on Jemsite whilst being at work IS productive
= Lesser work done
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Once upon a time you could start a decent thread and have a discussion. These days everyone wants your ****ing head on a skewer if they don't agree.

I don't know why I bother.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Hey, I'm just kidding
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I was just thinking...

What would stop Ibanez from having a section of their company dedicated to building re-issues of older models? At the end of the day, it can't be that much more hassle to make the re-issues or else we wouldn't of seen the RG550 anniversarys.

This isn't your normal "We want neon colours and maple boards!" thread, I just don't see why Ibanez wouldn't just say "Ok, we'll do it, but it'll cost you £****"

Does anybody get me here?

If people cough up the dough, great. If not, what have they lost so long as they're made to order? I'm not talking about bringing every line since the 80's back, but to be able to order the popular models like the DYs and the PBKs, etc. I would imagine would make them a lot of money.
Seeing that Ibanez doesn't really own a factory outside of the custom shop, it'll be hard for them to do "reissue" models without someone wanting to order a small batch of them at a higher price or a large batch at a lower price. Unlike ESP who's guitars are built to order, Ibanez can't change their production line ups too much without incurring major costs. Ask anyone who has managed a production factory and they'll tell you that a small change in production will usually result in a lot of upfront costs.

However, if you can get a bunch of people who all want the same model, I'm pretty sure Ibanez could do a small batch production... BUT.. you'd be paying about $2000-$3000 for a guitar that was once worth $1000. Why? the huge jump in price?? Because production costs go down as units produced go up. Doing a batch of guitars between 6-20 is a small batch production.

It would be cool to be able to order an older model though.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
It would be cool to be able to order an older model though.
Hell yeah, I'd have a fleet of Roadstars!
Too bad that will never happen...
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Once upon a time you could start a decent thread and have a discussion. These days everyone wants your ****ing head on a skewer if they don't agree.

I don't know why I bother.
Oh come on Davey, there are always going to be varying opinions. *sticks and stones* my friend I personally (along with a LOT of other people I know) would love something along these lines to unfold.

I drool at the thought of it

Then I could get a minty VSK, PMC, etc!!!
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Cool Re: Ibanez Re-issue Department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Oh come on Davey, there are always going to be varying opinions. *sticks and stones* my friend I personally (along with a LOT of other people I know) would love something along these lines to unfold.

I drool at the thought of it

Then I could get a minty VSK, PMC, etc!!!
Opinion is one thing, pointing out grammar corrections, etc. is another

Anyway, nevermind...
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
you'd be paying about $2000-$3000 for a guitar that was once worth $1000.
This is what I mean, could you imagine Ibanez offered a GMC for $3000? with the titanium enforced neck? I'd snap one up in no time!
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:35 AM

Quote:
This is what I mean, could you imagine Ibanez offered a GMC for $3000? with the titanium enforced neck? I'd snap one up in no time!
I love the sound of that! I totally see where your coming from man.

Tags
custom shop , david mccarroll , fender custom shop , fixed bridge , ibanez custom shop , ibanez guitars , maple neck , maple necks , prs guitar , prs guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode